On Page Reload data should remain there, if already inserted

On Page Reload data should remain there, if already inserted

Hi,

When a page is reloaded I want the values of the combo box and input box to be present if it is already inserted by a particular person and that person can update those values after reloading.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Hi Akanksha,

Could you tell what you tried sofar, and what the problem is you run into. Your post is not enough detailed to help you .

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Akanksha,

Could you tell what you tried sofar, and what the problem is you run into. Your post is not enough detailed to help you .

Regards,

Daniel

CLICKED ONE NAME OF THE EDIT:

ADDED THE COMMENT AFTER CLICKING AND SAVED THE COMMENT :

IT WENT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE AND THEN AGAIN I CLICKED THE SAME PERSON (I.E. anki):

AFTER CLICKING THE COMMENT WHICH I WROTE PREVIOUSLY WAS PRESENT THERE WHICH I CAN EDIT :

How can I do this in my platform?

Please help

Thanks

Hi Akanksha,

Do you have already database created for these pages?

If yes, then go to MainFlow, Drag & Drop your entity 2 times. For the first time it will generate list screen, if you will drag and drop entity for the second time, it will generate details screen with link on list screen. And you are done. No other changes required. You will directly achieve this functionality.

If its bit custom page and you want to do it by your own, then link your FirstName from the list page to detailsScreen with ID. In your details page, there will be an input parameter for ID.
Now on Details screen Preparation, if you get the value of your ID parameter, get existing details using aggregate by that ID. And use that aggregate to show details on page. (For new user it will be showing blank values)

If you are still not clear, I recommend you to go through this course for developing web applications.
They are very good and will clear all your doubts about creating OutSystems applications from scratch.  

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Akanksha Pandey wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Akanksha,

Regards,

Daniel

CLICKED ONE NAME OF THE EDIT:

ADDED THE COMMENT AFTER CLICKING AND SAVED THE COMMENT :

IT WENT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE AND THEN AGAIN I CLICKED THE SAME PERSON (I.E. anki):

AFTER CLICKING THE COMMENT WHICH I WROTE PREVIOUSLY WAS PRESENT THERE WHICH I CAN EDIT :

How can I do this in my platform?

Please help

Thanks

Dear Akansha,

You can do it with the attached tutorial pdf. In starting you will get the solution.

Regards,