How to check if the mobile apps version in apps store & play store is updated.

How to check if the mobile apps version in apps store & play store is updated.

Hi,

I would like to seek your help regarding on how to check if the mobile application version in play store and apps store is updated. My objective here is once we uploaded the new version of apk & ipa in apps store and play store. The mobile apps installed from mobile devices will inform the user that there is a new version of mobile apps. Thank you

Reuben Mark Mandap wrote:

Hi,

I would like to seek your help regarding on how to check if the mobile application version in play store and apps store is updated. My objective here is once we uploaded the new version of apk & ipa in apps store and play store. The mobile apps installed from mobile devices will inform the user that there is a new version of mobile apps. Thank you

Hi Reuben,

There is not any automated way to do this. You need to create one service which will return the current version of your app from the Play/App store. Then you can compare it with your current version and show the message to the user.

Regards,

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback. 

You mention that i need to create service to get the latest version of our app in Play/App store. In that case do you have sample service that i can get the latest version of our app. Thank you

Reuben Mark Mandap wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback. 

You mention that i need to create service to get the latest version of our app in Play/App store. In that case do you have sample service that i can get the latest version of our app. Thank you

Follow these steps:

1: Create one table on web and whenever you are uploading a new version, update it on this table.

2: Create a web service method/server action to get the latest version from that table.

3: Call this web service method/server action every-time when your app is loaded and get the current version of your app from the mobile and compare it . 

Regards,