Database management - Update/Delete records from back end

Database management - Update/Delete records from back end

Any way to do back end modifications in database. Modifications can be as simple as adding a new record, updating record or deleting a record(s). 

Thi Tushar,

Yes you can insert, update and delete, also bulk insert, update and delete when using advanced SQL.

But serious, what is the question you have?

Do you experience a problem? or you just want to know what is possible with OutSystems, if that is the case please go to the https://www.outsystems.com/learn/ of OutSystems which has a lot of good documentation and training material.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Tushar,

Just adding points with Daniel, if you want to make DML operation through Outsystems, one as Daniel said use advanced query for bulk operations, also in OutSystems Data section each entity have create, update and delete operations together, you can use for single record operation.

Hope this helps.

Balu

Where might I find specific instructional documentation on how to make a single record back-end database record update? I have failed in my search to find these step detailed anywhere.  I have a record that upon import got associated incorrectly. All I need to do is go in and change the referring number to the correct number. There is no front end path established to make this kind of fix in the app so it needed to be down back-end. It would be simple step to do in myphpadmin or SQL interfaces but I have become stymied on how to do it in outsystems. Any pointers or link to instruction on this?

Hi Chris,

If you follow on https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/2/becoming-a-web-developer/ the guided path for Web Developer all will be explained in proper order.

The learn site of OutSystems is great to get yourself familiar with the OutSystems paradigm.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Chris,

If you follow on https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/2/becoming-a-web-developer/ the guided path for Web Developer all will be explained in proper order.

The learn site of OutSystems is great to get yourself familiar with the OutSystems paradigm.

Regards,

Daniel

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply, I have been the web developer web path material but my memory doesn't recall the answer to this. Maybe I'm thinking about it backwards or something. I went back into it today to the section that I thought would most likely address it but I didn't see it.

Could you be so kind as to point me to the section of the material where this would be covered.

Thanks for you time on this.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I did those training's some while ago, and like you don't recall which particular session explains this. But maybe if the basic principals didn't stick with you, it isn't a bad idea to go through the training material again and get a better understanding of the OutSystems programming paradigm.

Each entity has by default a few actions predefined:

So if you want to update a single record of an entity that you either have in a form or you are iterating over the entity to make changes to one or more records using a foreach you can then use the Update<EntityName> action passing the record to be updated.

This is all pretty basic OutSystems knowledge that one learns when doing the tutorials.

Hopefully this answers help you.

Regards,

Daniel

HI Tushar Panpaliya,

Drag and drop advanced query on your flow and you should be the following structure to:

Delete a file (e.g)

Update a File (e.g)