notify action is not showing

Hi.

i am learing [Web Blocks and UI Reusability Exercise]

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/880/web-blocks-and-ui-reusability-exercise/

in Lesson Materials , page No.15 ,have this.

b) Use the Search Box to find the Notify Action. Drag and drop it to the
StarClicked Action flow.

but notify action is not showing in my studio (version 11.)

Solution

Hi Liu,

Goto Manage depandecies,

try this,

Solution

Hi Liu

Search don’t find because you are not referenced yet, so go to the navaneethan step first and after make search.

thanks 

Balu

Hi Ming,

This is a good suggestion for improve the tutorial, that you can send to the team.

Also, there is a section where you can search for online course related topics here:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/Forum_Search_Results.aspx?scat=forums

Regards,

Hi ,Navaneethan 

it was show by you way ,thank you very much .

but it looks likes deprecated in v.11,

i will try another way.

Ming Liu wrote:

Hi ,Navaneethan 

i will try another way.

Hi everyone,

Notify is indeed deprecated in V.11 and you are right, there is another way: Event handling

You have two options: 

(1) Use Deprecated Notify

#1 - Go to Manage Dependencies -> search for 'Deprecated_Notify' -> Check Deprecated_Notify() and Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage()

#2 - Proceed according to the exercise guidelines

(2) The Event Handling way:

Setup the event trigger

#1 - Add an event to Web-block (StarClicked)

#2 - Add input parameter to the event (int newRating)

#3 -   3.1 Switch to web block’s elements tree view

3.2 Add/change links of icon widgets (i.e., both star and hollowed star elements)

3.3 Set destination to the event handler

3.4 Set the newRating argument to “StarIterator.List.CurrentRowNumber + 1“

Setup the handler

#1 - Create a new Screen Action in Movie Detail (“OnRatingEvent”)

#2 - Switch to Movie Detail Interface's elements tree view.

2.1 - Delete notify handler of the web blocks (in case you have created them)

2.2 - Setup the Event Handler to OnRatingEvent and argument to NewRating = NewRating

#3 - Adapt Movie Detail Server Action OnRatingEvent to assign variables like in the guidelines, but:

3.1 Set the UserMovieRating.Rating to the input parameter of the correspondent event (newRating) - GetUserMovieRating.List.Current.UserMovieRating.Rating = TextToInteger(NewRating).

That should be it! Let me know if you need additional help or if I wasn't clear in any step.

PS: Keep in mind this steps assume you are following the guidelines of the Web Blocks and UI Reusability Exercise

EDIT: I've added my module with the Event Handling adaptation

Francisco Gracias wrote:

Ming Liu wrote:

Hi ,Navaneethan 

i will try another way.

Hi everyone,

Notify is indeed deprecated in V.11 and you are right, there is another way: Event handling

You have two options: 

(1) Use Deprecated Notify

#1 - Go to Manage Dependencies -> search for 'Deprecated_Notify' -> Check Deprecated_Notify() and Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage()

#2 - Proceed according to the exercise guidelines

(2) The Event Handling way:

Setup the event trigger

#1 - Add an event to Web-block (StarClicked)

#2 - Add input parameter to the event (int newRating)

#3 -   3.1 Switch to web block’s elements tree view

3.2 Add/change links of icon widgets (i.e., both star and hollowed star elements)

3.3 Set destination to the event handler

3.4 Set the newRating argument to “StarIterator.List.CurrentRowNumber + 1“

Setup the handler

#1 - Create a new Screen Action in Movie Detail (“OnRatingEvent”)

#2 - Switch to Movie Detail Interface's elements tree view.

2.1 - Delete notify handler of the web blocks (in case you have created them)

2.2 - Setup the Event Handler to OnRatingEvent and argument to NewRating = NewRating

#3 - Adapt Movie Detail Server Action OnRatingEvent to assign variables like in the guidelines, but:

3.1 Set the UserMovieRating.Rating to the input parameter of the correspondent event (newRating) - GetUserMovieRating.List.Current.UserMovieRating.Rating = TextToInteger(NewRating).

That should be it! Let me know if you need additional help or if I wasn't clear in any step.

PS: Keep in mind this steps assume you are following the guidelines of the Web Blocks and UI Reusability Exercise

EDIT: I've added my module with the Event Handling adaptation

Hallo,

I followed the (2) The event handeling way up to the step 2.1, and after that is get difficult for me to follow.

can you please break down the steps 2.2, #3 and 3.1 further?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Iman,

Check if this helps you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Iman,

Check if this helps you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, 

I'm having the same problem. I'm learning Web Blocks and UI Reusability excercise and it required to drag and drop Notify Server Action. But my dependencies only have Deprecated Notify. 

What causes "Notify" doesn't show up in the system dependencies?

What is the difference between using "Deprecated Notify" and "Notify" as a server action?

Thank you

Gunariah Sholeha wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Iman,

Check if this helps you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, 

I'm having the same problem. I'm learning Web Blocks and UI Reusability excercise and it required to drag and drop Notify Server Action. But my dependencies only have Deprecated Notify. 

What causes "Notify" doesn't show up in the system dependencies?

What is the difference between using "Deprecated Notify" and "Notify" as a server action?

Thank you

There is no difference, follow the exercise instructions and just use Deprecated_Notify and Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage in the same way as Notify and NotifyGetMessage.

I am guessing they have just updated the name to indicate that in future versions they are probably planning to remove or stop supporting this functionality.

Hi Gunariah Sholeha,

Like Francisco mentions above, in OutSystems 11 there's now support for Events on Web Blocks, which makes the Notify action unnecessary. Since OutSystems UI also includes a replacement for Popups, there is no longer a need for the NotifyGetMessage either.

They will both be discontinued in a future version, and only remain for compatibility with applications done in previous versions of the platform.

I suggest you follow the online training for OutSystems 11, that has been updated to explain and exercise the new Events feature.