Download the email content

Hi all,

I have created an email in a web module to send it when an action is triggred. 

Is there a way to download the content of the email without the action is triggred.

Thanks

Gowtham

Hello Gowthan,

I'm not sure I fully understood your use case but I will try to help anyway :)
You may be able to access the email contents in the Email_Content (System) Entity.
The description of the Email_Content Entity states:

Email content to be sent in utf-8 binary format. When successfully sent, content is deleted for Emails with the "Log Content" property set to "No".

This FAQ is unrelated but shows the data model for the Email Entities.

Hopefully this will help you achieve your goal.

Hi Gowtham,

Your use case is not clear, can give more clear view of what are you try to achieve.

what I understand is when you create email, you have a data.

If have data then, you can use texttobinary action with characterset utf-8, then use download widget, enter required fields for download content.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Balu

Solution

When you send an email you have the "Log Content" property. If set to "Yes", then on service center you can download the email content.

Solution

Gowtham wrote:

Hi all,

I have created an email in a web module to send it when an action is triggred. 

Is there a way to download the content of the email without the action is triggred.

Thanks

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

Yes, if want you need is to download the content stored in entity Email_Content by code, since there is no email identifier returned when you execute the action... you might want to try and search the email this way:
- merging entity Email_Content with entity Sent_Email
- then filter by subject, from, to
- and perhaps the aproximate timestamp

Regards,