https://xxxx.outsystemscloud.com/LSW_UI/Sets.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=

https://xxxx.outsystemscloud.com/LSW_UI/Sets.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=

Most recently I get a "Not.Licensed.For.Production" in the URL. Other apps in my personal environment don't have this problem. What is going on here?

Don't tell me this is a licence problem because it worked ok until recently.

Hi John,

That shows when you are on a environment that is not set to production. Don't worry that doesn't impact anything in your application.

Regards,

Marcelo

If it where the case that it would not affect the application i would not bother to ask help. This issue prevents me from adding records to any of the tables in my application.

Hi John,

This is not what is creating issues in your application. Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? what your application is doing? you get any errors? can you share what are you doing?

Regards,

Marcelo

John Arts wrote:

If it where the case that it would not affect the application i would not bother to ask help. This issue prevents me from adding records to any of the tables in my application.

Hi John,

As Marcelo wrote, that message is not the reason for your problems.

You can see any errors generated in Service Center under menu Monitoring  and then Errors

Regards,

Daniel

Hello John,

As Marcelo pointed out, this message in the URL of your application tells you that you are acessing your application in a server that is not set to PRODUCTION.

You can check this in Service Center.

Personal Environments do not allow you to change it to Production mode.

The fact that your environment is set to DEVELOPMENT does not have impact in the LOGIC of your application (by default), as well as do not have impact in your hability to create/change/delete records in the database.

So, first, check that you're accessing the right server. If you''re accessing the worng environment, like DEV, instead of QUALITY or PRODUCTION, for example, you may have problem with WebServices pointing to the wrong end points, etc. Or even start working with a version of the application that is in the middle of changes, etc.

Second, if it is the right server, check if someone changed the Environment Configuration, why they did it and check if your logic depends on this information (probably not). And, why not, check if your license has not expired.

Third, check your logic to see if there is any change that is preventing your application of work properly, including if you still have space in database, for example, and so on.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

P.S. Personal environment are NEVER licensed to Production mode, and so, the warning in the URL can appear in any application URL.

Like it was said before, you probably has a logic error/data error or even space problem that is precenting your app of working properly.

I solved the issue with help of other colleagues. Probably an update has scrambled some things. When I altered the Save action from "Ajax Submit" to "Submit" it worked as designed. After deploying and changing everything back to "Submit" again it kept working.

Hopefully our apps in production don't suffer these kind op weird problems often. This makes for a very unstable tool.

Hi John,

Though of course it's annoying things like this happen, I can assure you this is not my experience at all using the OutSystems Platform. Though it has it little quirks, by and large it's a fantastic tool to work with!