Export without prompt

Export without prompt

Hello everyone

Whenever you export to excel, you are asked if you want to open, save, or cancel the document. Is there a way to automate the save option without being asked?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Carlos,

You can use the Excel file in the "Download" widget with the option "Save to disk" to True.

Hope it helps.

João Marques wrote:

Hi Carlos,

You can use the Excel file in the "Download" widget with the option "Save to disk" to True.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. However, this is how the widget is configured. I have no problem with save, the point is that I always have to choose what I want to do with the file (open, save or cancel).

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. However, this is how the widget is configured. I have no problem with save, the point is that I always have to choose what I want to do with the file (open, save or cancel).

Even with the "Save to disk" set to True?

In that case, I think it is a browser setting and needs to be set on the browser, like they expplain here.

João Marques wrote:

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Hope it helps.

In that case, I think it is a browser setting and needs to be set on the browser, like they expplain here.

I probably did not explain the issue properly. 

Actually what I need is to export to excel or txt in a batch process.

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Hope it helps.

As you are a batch process, you cannot download it since it is running in the server.

You can however save the file in the database, and provide an option in the front-end to download them.

João Marques wrote:

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Carlos Messias wrote:

João Marques wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Hope it helps.

As you are a batch process, you cannot download it since it is running in the server.

You can however save the file in the database, and provide an option in the front-end to download them.

It was what I feared. I will simply use the database backup.
Thank you