espace/extension development - Could not find endpoint element with name

espace/extension development - Could not find endpoint element with name

Hi, 

I am developing an extension which connects to the SOAP services provided by SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service). 

Everything works fine in my C#.net console program.

However, when I develop it by using the Integration Studio and try to play it in my Outsystems application, I got the following error.

So far I know I have included my app.config during my extension deployment. 

I would like to ask if anything I missed that leads to above error.

Many thanks in advance.

Uhmm, why aren't you just connecting to that service using the SOAP Webservice functionality in OutSystems instead?

This seems a little to high-code for a low-code platform.

Hi,

I agree with Eric, if you want to consume Soap web service then you can use OS functionality.

Now for the error you can validate element path because when you run on C# .net console it works because it take path locally but when you deploy to OS, element path changes.

Hope it will help !!

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Eric Oud_Ammerveld wrote:

Uhmm, why aren't you just connecting to that service using the SOAP Webservice functionality in OutSystems instead?

This seems a little to high-code for a low-code platform.

Thank you so much for your reply.

However, the SOAP service we are connecting involves the Windows Integrated Authentication

For Outsystems "Consume SOAP", it only allows us to input the URL endpoint only. 

In addition, for the SSRS SOAP services, to generate a report, 

it requires to call several SOAP services, so I think it's better to use an extension to achieve the objective.

In fact, I have already raised  "Outsystems Support Ticket", we are still waiting for a solution.

Hi,

One thing you should consider is configuration management, i.e. you don't want the configuration of the webservice to live inside a file in the extension because this would mean that you would have to publish a new version of the extension to configure that endpoint. You should receive this information in the actions of the extension so that you can configure it later on with a Site Property for instance. In terms of architecture, I would create a module in OutSystems that is a wrapper for the SSRS and uses the extension to generate the reports. The other modules in your Factory do not consume the extension directly, instead, they use APIs you defined in the wrapper module.

Doing this change might also help to solve your problem...

Cheers