Include part of PDF document within screen.

Include part of PDF document within screen.

Hello!

I am looking to find a way to display a section of a PDF document (a table) within a screen.

I do not have a set idea of how to do this (although can imagine some way of using integrated html..)

Has anyone tried to do this/ what is the best approach!

Thanks

Solution

I've had a lot of success with the Web Previewer component from the Forge. I'd take a look at this and see if it satisfies your needs.

Solution

Jordan Welch wrote:

I've had a lot of success with the Web Previewer component from the Forge. I'd take a look at this and see if it satisfies your needs.

This definitely seems like the sort of thing I'm after. Is it possible to limit the area which can be previewed?

Joseph Palmer wrote:

Hello!

I am looking to find a way to display a section of a PDF document (a table) within a screen.

I do not have a set idea of how to do this (although can imagine some way of using integrated html..)

Has anyone tried to do this/ what is the best approach!

Thanks

Hi,

Joseph,

You can use Iframe control and give height and width of that according to your need.

Hopes it will help you.

Cheers,

If you are asking about limiting how much of the PDF is accessible, I do not believe you could do that with this extension. You would need to preprocess the PDF file with another extension.

Is this something that needs to be repeated for different PDFs? Or is it possible for you to edit the PDF before you upload it to only contain the information you want the user to see.

Jordan Welch wrote:

If you are asking about limiting how much of the PDF is accessible, I do not believe you could do that with this extension. You would need to preprocess the PDF file with another extension.

Is this something that needs to be repeated for different PDFs? Or is it possible for you to edit the PDF before you upload it to only contain the information you want the user to see.

Can't pre-process as would be used for lots of different items.

Either way, the component is really useful and effective!  

Thanks!