Rich widgets fr mobile application?

Hi,

I am creating a mobile application with Outsystems 11, and I need something like a table with columns with switchable sorting of records (so I caould click at a column header to sort records by that field). I can see this kind of widget is available in "Rich Widgets" library, but for some resaon I can not import it.

I open my app dependencies manager, find the "RichWidgets" module, check everithing and click OK. The widgets are not imported. Whan I open the dependencies mananger again, I can see all chacked except "UI Flows" and "Themes".

Is it because "RichWidgets" are just for web apps, and I am doing mobile? That is strange, because I can even see the "smartphnoe layout" in there.

If I can not use RichWidgets in mobile app, is there any alternative? As I said, I need a table/list  with sorting.

Thank you.

Hi Alexander. I think rich widgets is for server side interactions. For mobile you can use the Silk UI Mobile patterns (https://silkui.outsystems.com/Patterns_Mobile.aspx) and try to do the things that you need.

Hi Alexander,

If you start creating an app with OutSystems 11 mobile template, all outsystems mobile ui widgets (formaly named Silkui mobile in os10) dependencies are included and available for screens and webbloxks.

Are you sure you didn't by mistake created an empty module?

Regards, Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Alexander,

If you start creating an app with OutSystems 11 mobile template, all outsystems mobile ui widgets (formaly named Silkui mobile in os10) dependencies are included and available for screens and webbloxks.

Are you sure you didn't by mistake created an empty module?

Regards, Daniel

No, I can see the "Common" UI flow and plenty of widgets and UI patterns in the toolbox. But there is noting like table or list with columns.

Hi if you checkout the outsystems ui website and browse to mobile patterns you will see there are several adaptive widgets available to build table like ui. These widgets should be available to choose from in you mobile app in service studio.

Solution

Hi Alexander,

I think Mobile apps typically don't have tabular data representation (rare case) because of the small screen size that might be the reason their is absence of Table Widget & Table Record Widget in OutSystems mobile development platform but in alternative to that you can use List widget which is way suitable for mobile device. 

You are right, in Manage Dependencies window under Richwidgets some of the components are inactive when you access it from mobile application module, those are typically for web application. For mobile you can get widgets under MobilePatterns:

Still you want to represent the data in tabular representation in mobile app, please refer this community post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/23203/insert-table-in-a-mobile-application/#Post91115 

Edit:

Please refer this also for more clarity: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33367/how-best-to-depict-tabular-data-in-mobile-app/

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution