[InAppBrowser Plugin] Safari View Controller API

[InAppBrowser Plugin] Safari View Controller API

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D
6 votes
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D

Hi all, in my project we are in the process of publishing an app on the apple app store, and just got rejected because we redirect the user to outside the app to the browser for registration.

And they make the suggestion of implementing the Safari View Controller API to display web content within my app.

So my question is,

does this plugin uses the Safari View Controller API? (I could not find anything on this)

and using this plugin can we open the URL showing the address bar as read-only and navigation buttons?

Solution

We make use of this application and it was accepted by apple.
Not sure i it implements Safari View Controller, but when setting the target to the inappbrowser you can add options to hide the navigation buttons and address bar

see here

Solution

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi all, in my project we are in the process of publishing an app on the apple app store, and just got rejected because we redirect the user to outside the app to the browser for registration.

And they make the suggestion of implementing the Safari View Controller API to display web content within my app.

So my question is,

does this plugin uses the Safari View Controller API? (I could not find anything on this)

and using this plugin can we open the URL showing the address bar as read-only and navigation buttons?

Dear Fillipe,

You can use this plugin for safari view controller after wrapping it into outsystems plugin.

https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-safariviewcontroller

Thanks, Eric Bulters for the response, I did a test and was able to open the page with inAppBrowser plugin showing a button to close and get back to the app, and the address bar as read-only.

Filipe Silva wrote:

Thanks, Eric Bulters for the response, I did a test and was able to open the page with inAppBrowser plugin showing a button to close and get back to the app, and the address bar as read-only.

You are welcome Filipe glad I could help.
Don't forget to mark you question as solved to help other people that are having the same question

Filipe Silva wrote:

Felipe, tudo bem? Poderia apresentar a solução para essas modificações, por favor. 

Hi RAFAEL FERREIRA there is a structure in the plugin with the name "Options", you can fill in the structure with the option that you need and send to the open action.

Here is an example of what I did:

Thanks for the reply, Felipe.

Let me improve my question: I'm using "Entities.Target.SYSTEM". Because my webpage is "HTTP".
This option opens a new Safari tab. But I would like it to be opened as shown below in the image.

- address bar as read-only
- without the other safari options enabled.
- option to close with icon

Is it possible to make these settings with the plugin?

You should use Entities.Target.IN_APP_BROWSER for that.

The Options.ios.toolbar = true it will show the address bar as read-only

For the close icon it is a little different between ios and android, but for ios you can customise the close button label as you can see in the print I sent in previous comment.

Filipe Silva wrote:

You should use Entities.Target.IN_APP_BROWSER for that.

The Options.ios.toolbar = true it will show the address bar as read-only

For the close icon it is a little different between ios and android, but for ios you can customise the close button label as you can see in the print I sent in previous comment.

Thanks again for the help, Felipe.

I can not use the "Entities.Target.IN_APP". My pageweb has unsigned certificate.
I can only display your content using "System".

I thought we could customize the opening of Safari.