[Custom Masks] Decimal columns and MaskPercentage issue

[Custom Masks] Decimal columns and MaskPercentage issue

Forge Component
(26)
Published on 14 Nov (4 weeks ago) by Caio Santana Magalhães
26 votes
Published on 14 Nov (4 weeks ago) by Caio Santana Magalhães

In our current project we are using the CustomMasks component. 

We have a variety of attributes for which we want to and already are using it, and have encountered an issue with MaskPercentage. With MaskCurrency and MaskNumber we have had no problems.

A Decimal database column with otherwise default settings cannot be used with MaskPercentage and a comma DecimalSeparator. A value of 0 gets assigned to the entity-attribute due to the fact that the database only accepts . as decimal-commaseparator. 

We saw that in the CustomMasksSample forge module, you are also using a Text local variable to save this value in.

Our workaround is based on that - below you find the snippet where Form.Percentage is the form-field and PercentageText is a local Text variable. 

Ofcourse this fix is higly suboptimal - would you please look into the possibility of being able to use MaskPercentage with Decimals?

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Form.Percentage = TextToDecimal(Replace(PercentageText,",","."))

Hi Carina,

Tried that use case and looks like it's working. I attached my test. Check if this work for you. If this is not the correct use case can you attach a simple oml with the issue so I can look into it?

Regards,

Marcelo