Hi everyone!

Reading "OutSystems side effects and breaking changes" at:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/11/OutSystems_Platform_side_effects_and_breaking_changes

----

Database
Issue: The Configuration Tool shows an error when it detects a previous configuration using MySQL.
Runtime: Mobile, Web
Rationale: MySQL is not supported in OutSystems 11 and Configuration Tool will issue an error when it detects a previous configuration using MySQL.
Workaround: None.

---

So we have to assume MySQL will no longer be supported?

Hello,

Until someone says the contrary, yes.

Cheers!

Hi,

OutSystems 11 does not currently support MySQL as the platform database. 

OutSystems still supports MySQL as an external database, though. 

We haven't decided yet if we will restore support to MySQL in the future or not.  

Best,

Hi João,

What about current installations running MySQL as native DBMS? (My case)

I know we can import the tables through external database but...  

For example, all queries that uses systems tables (Users, Roles, etc) would need to be redesigned...

What do you recommend we do?

Cheers,

Francisco

Hi Francisco,

For the moment, you still have the option to stay on OutSystems 10 a bit longer, since we are still considering the option to restore support to MySQL.

Even if we decide to drop it, that decision will come with appropriate guidance on the migration process.

I'll DM you to discuss further your specific case.

Thanks,

Joao

Hi again João,

Thanks, i'll wait for your message.

Cheers,

Francisco

Hi João.

Is there any update about mysql support ?

Francisco Silva wrote:

Hi everyone!

Reading "OutSystems side effects and breaking changes" at:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/11/OutSystems_Platform_side_effects_and_breaking_changes

----

Database
Issue: The Configuration Tool shows an error when it detects a previous configuration using MySQL.
Runtime: Mobile, Web
Rationale: MySQL is not supported in OutSystems 11 and Configuration Tool will issue an error when it detects a previous configuration using MySQL.
Workaround: None.

---

So we have to assume MySQL will no longer be supported?

Is there any update to MySQL being supported in 11 or past 11, what is suggested for the database?

As already mentioned, in OS11 - MySQL is supported for external database connections.  The only change was that it is not being used as the platform database.

Stacey Levine wrote:

As already mentioned, in OS11 - MySQL is supported for external database connections.  The only change was that it is not being used as the platform database.

So what do you suggest for the db of the platform?

Stacey Levine wrote:

"the ONLY change"

It's a small one, no worries. ahahaha

The answer i got from Outsystems is that official decision ins't made from discontinue MySQL but for now you "just can't" upgrade to 11.

William Safarik wrote:

Stacey Levine wrote:

So what do you suggest for the db of the platform?

Either MS SQL server, Azure SQL or Oracle

Francisco Silva wrote:

Stacey Levine wrote:

"the ONLY change"

It's a small one, no worries. ahahaha

The answer i got from Outsystems is that official decision ins't made from discontinue MySQL but for now you "just can't" upgrade to 11.

Keep in mind this is only the platform database. If you are wanting to integrate to an existing external database that you already have or for some reason want to be in MySQL then you are still perfectly able to do this. If you are using 

OutSystems in the cloud, then it also doesn’t impact you.

What are most people moving towards for a platform database coming from MySQL for v11? 

I hope that they do choose to add support for MySQL -  My fingers are crossed!

Hi everyone!

There are any news about this topic?

If I have an infrastructure using MySQL as platform database and need to upgrade to P11 I will need to first migrate my platform database to Oracle or SQL Server.

There are any detailed document about this kind of migration?

I found only the link below, but it doesn't go deep into the subject:
https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Migration_between_database_stacks_(SQL_Server%3B_Oracle%3B_MySQL)_and_code_stacks_(.NET%3B_Java)

Best regards,

Juliano

Hi Juliano,

There is no further documentation. The recommended approach for data migration is to write custom application logic for each entity you need to migrate and thus, this will depend on the application.

But feel free to ask any specific questions you have on this process.

Best,

Joao