New timers will not start

New timers will not start

I having been using OutSystems for awhile so I am familiar with how it works. In the past I created timers on a web app and all worked as expected. I just started a mobile app and added a timer but it never starts, nor will it even start when trying to do a manual run.

I can run the server action manually so that is not the problem. Additionally, I have tried a new timer in both a mobile module and a service module and neither will start. There is zero information logged in service center. I can see the timers in service center and tried to various updates and manual running from there but nothing seems to help.

I am at a loss. Either the timers are broken in outsystems or there is something I am not seeing. Is it possibly that you can't use timers in a mobile project? I really don't think that is the issue but just posing the question.

Thank you

Can you provide a screenshot of what the timer settings look like in service center?

The timer might be deactivated?

Joey Moree wrote:

Can you provide a screenshot of what the timer settings look like in service center?

The timer might be deactivated?

Please note the exclamation mark is saying the timer should have ran 300 seconds ago (based on the time at screen capture).

Also, I just checked a timer that has been running for months on another project and ever since I upgraded to version 11, it stopped running and has the same "should have ran x time ago" message. I think timers are broken in version 11.

Hi,

I don't see the screenshots, but I checked environment health of my PE and I see indeed some strange warnings.

I suggest you contact outsystems-support, if you haven't done that already.

I will poke some people as well, to see what is going on!

Solution

J. wrote:

Hi,

I don't see the screenshots, but I checked environment health of my PE and I see indeed some strange warnings.

I suggest you contact outsystems-support, if you haven't done that already.

I will poke some people as well, to see what is going on!

Support verified this is a known issue and there is a fix available for platform component, which you schedule for update.

Solution