Multilingual mobile component, charset/encoding

Multilingual mobile component, charset/encoding

Hello,

I´m using Multilingual component on a mobile application and it is working fine.

However, I´m having some problems with special caracters like è, ã, ç and so on...

Is there anywhere I can set the encoding for the translation file or inside the app?

When testing in mobile I´m having the situation below:

Correct: Configurações

Thank you!

Hi Thiago,

You are loading the texts from a .json file, right? Please make sure that the file is encoded in UTF-8. I tried with an ANSI encoded file and got the same results as you. With an UTF-8 encoded file everything works just right.

Best Regards

Carlos Xavier wrote:

Hi Thiago,

You are loading the texts from a .json file, right? Please make sure that the file is encoded in UTF-8. I tried with an ANSI encoded file and got the same results as you. With an UTF-8 encoded file everything works just right.

Best Regards

Carlos, yes, from a json file.

How do I set the encoding inside the json ? is it possible?

Hi Thiago,

First, save the .json file from the module to your computer:

Then, open the file in a text editor and perform the conversion. If you use Notepad++ you can do it like this:

In other text editors, like Windows Notepad,  it may be instead an option to select the encoding when saving.

After saving the file in UTF-8 go back to Service Studio and update the resource:

Now you just have to publish the module and everything should be fine.

Best Regards

Solution

Carlos Xavier wrote:

Hi Thiago,

First, save the .json file from the module to your computer:

Then, open the file in a text editor and perform the conversion. If you use Notepad++ you can do it like this:

In other text editors, like Windows Notepad,  it may be instead an option to select the encoding when saving.

After saving the file in UTF-8 go back to Service Studio and update the resource:

Now you just have to publish the module and everything should be fine.

Best Regards

Carlos, I did this....The problem now is when I try to open the app it crashes saying: " There was an error processing your request. Reload"...

I tried to open and save through other editor and I got the same....When I skip the translation it works fine...

Any ideas?

Solution

Hi Thiago,

Please check if your json has any syntax problem.

If you are using OutSystems 11, make sure you have the latest version of the multilingual component in your environment.

You can also look at the Service Center error logs to see if you have more information about the error.

If none of this solves the issue, can you send me the module, or at least the .json file, so I can take a look?

Best Regards

Carlos Xavier wrote:

Hi Thiago,

Please check if your json has any syntax problem.

If you are using OutSystems 11, make sure you have the latest version of the multilingual component in your environment.

You can also look at the Service Center error logs to see if you have more information about the error.

If none of this solves the issue, can you send me the module, or at least the .json file, so I can take a look?

Best Regards

Solved!

It was really a problem in json syntax.

Thank you very much Carlos!