IDEA Closed - now what?

IDEA Closed - now what?

New user to the tool and the community....  This is probably in the wrong forum - but I'm struggling with how to engage well here

I posted my first idea and it was closed with a comment "For the reasons stated before, we don't have plans to solve this"

I'm not exactly sure what to do now - the idea was closed by this person, I cannot get back into it (or can't figure out how to get back in now that it's closed) and have no idea what reasons are being stated.  I am within my first couple of weeks of using everything and not sure what to do here. At a minimum I'd like to read whatever the previous reasons for this idea being discarded are.

Solution

Hey David,

Glad you shared this!

First, I think you got it right, we use our Community Ideas to give feedback to the product and the forums to discuss problems and solutions. So you are in the right place ;)

Regarding your idea, we receive hundreds of ideas per month, we read them, and we decide if we want to:

• Implement them - for that we use the state "under our radar"
  • Consider it but not in the near future (for example if currently we are doing something else more important) -for that we use the state "not right now"
  • Discard them (when we don't have plans to tackle that) - for that we use the "out of scope" state

Your idea was marked as "out of scope" and the explanation was in the idea comments. However, as you properly reported, currently ideas marked as "out of scope" as not visible anymore which doesn't make sense.

I'll forward that feedback internally to make sure this is fixed in the future.

Regarding your idea, here are some screenshots of the comments so that you understand why it is not in our roadmap:

Once again, thanks for your idea and for reporting this problem.

Keep the ideas coming ;)

Solution

Hello,

If you go to your profile page, you can click in Activity and than in Ideas and your ideas should be there:

The idea do not show there?

Cheers.

Thank you - honestly that is enough detail (that I couldn't see from the closed idea) to answer my question, and it should solve my problem.    Also thank you for figuring out some way in the future to allow posters to see their "ideas" and dialog once an idea is formally closed out - that would have saved me this question.  :)

Dave

Vasco Pessanha wrote:

Hey David,

Glad you shared this!

First, I think you got it right, we use our Community Ideas to give feedback to the product and the forums to discuss problems and solutions. So you are in the right place ;)

Regarding your idea, we receive hundreds of ideas per month, we read them, and we decide if we want to:

• Implement them - for that we use the state "under our radar"
  • Consider it but not in the near future (for example if currently we are doing something else more important) -for that we use the state "not right now"
  • Discard them (when we don't have plans to tackle that) - for that we use the "out of scope" state

Your idea was marked as "out of scope" and the explanation was in the idea comments. However, as you properly reported, currently ideas marked as "out of scope" as not visible anymore which doesn't make sense.

I'll forward that feedback internally to make sure this is fixed in the future.

Regarding your idea, here are some screenshots of the comments so that you understand why it is not in our roadmap:

Once again, thanks for your idea and for reporting this problem.

Keep the ideas coming ;)

Thing is, changing the scale might not work out so well.

I changed the scale from 125% (the recommended scale)  to 175% and then back to 125% (I was testing something else in Chrome) and Integration studio ended up looking like this.

(I've added the red lines for privacy, but the text under them was fine)