Printing Numbers

Printing Numbers

  

Hi All,

      How to print 1-n numbers dynamically in the webscreen .and those numbers should also have link.

ex:if the count is 10 it should print 1 to 10 ,if the count increases to 11 it should print between 1 to 11.

Hi Ronan,

So tell us what you tried and where you got stuck, maybe upload the OML for us to help.

In all it doesn't sound like a real complex problem to solve.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

  We have 2 buttons previous and next in between buttons i need to print numbers

let's say i have 5 records in db output should be like below,

Previous   1          2        3        4        5      Next



Hi Ronan,

By any change are you trying to build a paging widget your self, like the one OutSystems generates automatically if you scaffold an entity to a list screen? Like this:


Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Ronan,

By any change are you trying to build a paging widget your self, like the one OutSystems generates automatically if you scaffold an entity to a list screen? Like this:


Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

 Ya exactly i am trying to create own paging widget..


Thanks,

Ronan T.


Ok I am just curious, why?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Ok I am just curious, why?

Hi Daniel,

  • For pagination i need to fetch part of the records, not all record at once.so using aggregate it is not possible,but sql queries i am able to fetch part of the records.
  • And with the help of previous and next buttons i am able to fetch part of the  records..so if huge number of data present ,i need keep numbers in between

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Hi Ronan,

I think you over complication yourself. First of all it is a wrong assumption that with an aggregate you retrieve all records. If you didn't run into performance problems yet, I suggest you stick to the default scaffolding you can use to generate a list screen, which generates a table record with an attached aggregate and paging. This is an optimized 'low-code' pattern solution.

Here is some interesting reading material.

https://itnext.io/outsystems-how-the-pagination-navigation-widget-works-822526b06918

Especially read this post the answers from Kilian, to clarify how paging works in OutSystems:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/40983/how-to-fetch-10-records-per-page-on-click-of-pagination-from-outsystem-entity/

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Ronan,

I think you over complication yourself. First of all it is a wrong assumption that with an aggregate you retrieve all records. If you didn't run into performance problems yet, I suggest you stick to the default scaffolding you can use to generate a list screen, which generates a table record with an attached aggregate and paging. This is an optimized 'low-code' pattern solution.

Here is some interesting reading material.

https://itnext.io/outsystems-how-the-pagination-navigation-widget-works-822526b06918

Especially read this post the answers from Kilian, to clarify how paging works in OutSystems:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/40983/how-to-fetch-10-records-per-page-on-click-of-pagination-from-outsystem-entity/

Hi Daniel,

I tried the list navigation which was explained in those  links but performance will decrease know if we have large number of records.


Thanks,

Ronan T


Hi I still have a feeling you assuming you will get performance problems, but not yet experiencing it.

We tables with large quantities of records, and experience good performance. When LifeTime Analytics reported a SLOW SQL is 99% of the time due to not having attributes on which is sorted or filtered properly indexed.


Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi I still have a feeling you assuming you will get performance problems, but not yet experiencing it.

We tables with large quantities of records, and experience good performance. When LifeTime Analytics reported a SLOW SQL is 99% of the time due to not having attributes on which is sorted or filtered properly indexed.


ok thank you Deniel