Community Scoring Change?

Community Scoring Change?

Was there a big change in the way scoring is done on the community? The leader board scores look to have change dramatically and I noticed mine has as well?

Yes, the Forge is giving a lot more points and the top contributors got a big push up.

Basically, if you're not Kilian Hekhuis - who is permanently in the forum helping people - you need to be a forge master.

Interestingly it looks like my forge score went down pulling down my overall score.

What is the reason to the changing the rules? 

"Although we think we got the scores right we reserve the right to tweak the score values to improve the system and effectively award the most active members. In such a case we’ll need to recalculate the scores for everyone, and your ranking might go up or down."

in Leaderboard

This is a bug fix in the forge/forum points calculation, for sure :)

My rank jumped from 

saturday 141

sunday 75

wednesday 193

doesn't make a lot of sense.

Having a profile score now of 8 instead of 74 points, but didn't remove anything from my profile.

I think the algorithm needs some tweaking :)

Still I believe there are so many bugs I am seeing so many people without having a single post or any component are under 100 rank.

:P

I don't even know how you can have more than 7 points on profile score. 5 for bio and interest 1 for twitter and other for Linkedin

But my rank didn't change that much in the last couple of days

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

I don't even know how you can have more than 7 points on profile score. 5 for bio and interest 1 for twitter and other for Linkedin

But my rank didn't change that much in the last couple of days

That was my point, I didn't understand the high score I had on it, now it is adjusted to eight, but still others have scores like 11 or 15. The there are members with no forge, no forum no ideas, no solutions that are in in the first 200 of ranking. So what rules aply to them? The leaderboard clearly states how the scoring works, but I doubt if it is implemented according to those scoring rules.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

My rank jumped from 

saturday 141

sunday 75

wednesday 193

doesn't make a lot of sense.

Having a profile score now of 8 instead of 74 points, but didn't remove anything from my profile.

I think the algorithm needs some tweaking :)

Similar journey, I moved from 86 on Sunday to 212 under the new calculation.