Creating Excel in Mobile

Creating Excel in Mobile

I want to create a excel file in mobile without server action.

But I have no idea how to do?

Hey,

So creating an excel in mobile raises two questions:

1. Do you want the user to create an excel using an excel like UI? 

2. Do you want to generate an excel based on some data in the mobile application?

If its #1, I am afraid you will need some integration with a mobile app which supports creating an excel (something like Google spreadsheet, Or Office 365).

If its #2, we have some options. In this case - if you are looking for generating an Excel from some data available in local entities in the mobile application - you can do it in mobile app without requiring a server action.

You can utilize a Apache cordova plugin which allows exporting an Excel. Then build a mobile module on top of this apache cordova plugin. There are few apache cordova plugins which allow exporting excel. Check: https://cordova.apache.org/plugins/?q=Excel

Choose one which is suitable and then build a wrapper mobile module on top of the plugin in OutSystems.

The wrapper module will have the client actions for exporting to excel based.

You can then use this wrapper module in your mobile app and call the client actions.

Let me know if this is helpful. And mark this as a solution if this clarifies the high level approach.

Chetan Yewale wrote:

Hey,

So creating an excel in mobile raises two questions:

1. Do you want the user to create an excel using an excel like UI? 

2. Do you want to generate an excel based on some data in the mobile application?

If its #1, I am afraid you will need some integration with a mobile app which supports creating an excel (something like Google spreadsheet, Or Office 365).

If its #2, we have some options. In this case - if you are looking for generating an Excel from some data available in local entities in the mobile application - you can do it in mobile app without requiring a server action.

You can utilize a Apache cordova plugin which allows exporting an Excel. Then build a mobile module on top of this apache cordova plugin. There are few apache cordova plugins which allow exporting excel. Check: https://cordova.apache.org/plugins/?q=Excel

Choose one which is suitable and then build a wrapper mobile module on top of the plugin in OutSystems.

The wrapper module will have the client actions for exporting to excel based.

You can then use this wrapper module in your mobile app and call the client actions.

Let me know if this is helpful. And mark this as a solution if this clarifies the high level approach.

The 2nd option.

I search the cordova and found 2 result but both does not have the description and I am not sure they are working because there is nothing on the readme.

What else can I do?