Bulk checkbox for list records

Bulk checkbox for list records

Hi,

I want to place a bulk checkbox on the header column so that it will select all the records in the list record (Not table records).
I have already used the normal checkbox in widget for selecting individual record.
I tried using List_BulkSelect, but somehow I am missing on to something.
Can someone please suggest how to correct things.

Thanks,
Anagha

Hi Anagha,

Found this forge component that shows how to do it: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/694/rich-widgets-sample/?Unfollow=False.

Example:

https://andrefmota.outsystemscloud.com/RichWidgetsSample/ListBulkSelect.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=

Cheers,

Renato

Anagha Chikate wrote:

Hi,

I want to place a bulk checkbox on the header column so that it will select all the records in the list record (Not table records).
I have already used the normal checkbox in widget for selecting individual record.
I tried using List_BulkSelect, but somehow I am missing on to something.
Can someone please suggest how to correct things.

Thanks,
Anagha

Hi Anagha,

Please Check out that Link. Hope it will help you.

-Hitesh

These links did not really help me. Sorry.
I think i'll have to do it with javascript.

Anagha,

List_BulkSelect needs only for you to set in which table records it is (the id of the table), and if you want to control any links (enabled when there is at least a single check box checked, disabled otherwise). If you don't want to worry about it, you just set it to "".

What is the problem you're having to use it?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Anagha,

List_BulkSelect needs only for you to set in which table records it is (the id of the table), and if you want to control any links (enabled when there is at least a single check box checked, disabled otherwise). If you don't want to worry about it, you just set it to "".

Cheers.

Hi,

I am not using table records, I am using List records widget.

Thanks.

Anagha Chikate wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Anagha,

Cheers.

Hi,

I am not using table records, I am using List records widget.

Thanks.

Ahh... lol Yes, your initial comment states this. 

I would say that you can clone this widget and change the JavaScript to make it work with a List Records also.
The JavaScript is short and not hard to adapt.

Cheers.

Thank You Eduardo,

Can you please suggest what changes are needed to be done in JS to make it work. Sorry for bothering you.

Hi Anagha,

You don't bother.
I can't do this right now.

Maybe later this night I'll be able to provide a solution.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Anagha,

You don't bother.

Cheers.

Thank You so much.
That would be great help.

Anagha.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Anagha,

You don't bother.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Did you get time to look into this?
I tried to see the code in rich widget, but its all related to tr and td's of table widget, couldn't figure out where I need to make the change.
Sorry for disturbing you, but I am on timelines and struggling badly to get this done.

Thanks for all your help.
Anagha

Hello,

Sorry, not yet. I'll try to do it today, but no promisses.
If you are on a schedule, you may need to look for a workaround.

Cheers.

Hi Anagha,

Updated my component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=2526 to help you achieve what you need.

Regards,

Marcelo