[Camera Plugin] Camera permission

[Camera Plugin] Camera permission

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D
11 votes
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

When I give call to TakePicture action I am seeing this alert as shown in the screenshot.

Also, the Camera permission by default is set to 'Denied' in App's settings.

Its always like this, the user first has to agree that your app can use the camera, this is to prevent unauthorized access to it, like all the viruses do ;-) To set it by default to True would be a big NoNo

So give permission and you don't get it anymore.

Regards,

Wim

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Its always like this, the user first has to agree that your app can use the camera, this is to prevent unauthorized access to it, like all the viruses do ;-) To set it by default to True would be a big NoNo

So give permission and you don't get it anymore.

Regards,

Wim

Hi Wim,

If it is always like that then how would I show custom usage description (for Camera) specified in the extensibility configuration?

I wouldn't know, never tried that part of the extensibillity configuration. I must say I also don't see the permission for my todo app which I created doing the mobile course, even while I got the question it needed to use my camera and I gave permission. 

Regards,

Wim

The permission dialog for our apps doesn't show any moment, too. Including on app install.

Updating... OS support oficially return info where found missing permissions about this and fixing it to next version.

Hi All.

The new version has been delivered 4.0.0.

Althrough status "Under Develpment" it can be downloaded, implemented and tested. I did this.

OS Support is awaiting my feedback.
We generate and redistribute, and now we're also awaiting feedback from end users. Because don't have devices with Android 8.0+ at this moment.
If anyone can be testing and reporting, we will be very grateful.