[Mobile] Measure internet connection usage

[Mobile] Measure internet connection usage

Cheers, I'm developing a mobile application, and we synchronize with the server. But now this synchronization will happen much more often, and I'm concerned with the user's internet usage. Does Outsystems offer any way of measuring the size of a server action's call and output?

Solution

Hi Christian,

You can use Developer tools on your browser to check on a screen basis.

In this example, I use Chrome Developer tools, to simulate a usage of a 3G network and I can see the amount of data being transferred.

The internet usage will also go hand in hand with the usage of the application.

Hope it helps.

Solution

João Marques wrote:

Hi Christian,

You can use Developer tools on your browser to check on a screen basis.

In this example, I use Chrome Developer tools, to simulate a usage of a 3G network and I can see the amount of data being transferred.

The internet usage will also go hand in hand with the usage of the application.

Hope it helps.

Hey João, indeed, I managed to see the internet usage in the Chrome Developer. The app does not run in the browser, due to the fact it uses some Forge Plugins that are not available with the browser. However, I managed to access Chrome Developer Tools through chrome://inspect/#devices . I installed the app on an Android, and you can inspect the application on the phone. 

Although you can only see 'Elements' and 'Console' on this image, all tabs available on Chrome when you inspect a browser are also present when you inspect a smartphone.

Much appreciated João