[Custom Masks] Dates autofill in custommasks plugin

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 2018-11-14 by Caio Santana Magalhães
27 votes
Published on 2018-11-14 by Caio Santana Magalhães

Hi people,

Trying to make use of the custommask plugin, but it wont let me enter dates prior to 1900 since the JS will change 18 to 2018. Is there a way around that? (can't find a list of advanced options anywhere)

TIA!

Willem

Found "1900" in the JS. replaced it by "1100". Works now but ugly solution, so any tips on advanced settings are still welcome :)

TIA,

Willem

Hi Willem,

Can you just let me know how did you handle earlier dates? since date on sql don't accept them. You are using it as a string everywhere?.

Let me know and I will look into this.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Hi Marcelo,

I actually ended up splitting all dates into datetext/day/month/year fields and building my own date handling actions around them. 

Also because I needed to store dates that have a parts missing (like no day or no month).

It ended up as all strings so I could also register dates like 'late 1634', 'summer 1969' and even 'around 1734'

Might be nice to have an extension doing this, right? :P

Regards,

Willem

Solution

Hi,

For sure would be really nice for people that have applications with historic information before 1900. For example events in history. But in my experience I didn't saw many application like this. But if you are able to create a component like that and put it on the forge for sure I will go there and check it out.

Btw can you mark your answer as the solution? that way users wit the same problem in the future can check it out. 

Regards,

Marcelo