Service Studio not showing espaces

Service Studio not showing espaces

Hi,

We have encountered a problem in Service Studio with a specific user.

This user only has the "Reuse & Monitor" privilege (set in lifetime).

When this user connects to the environment via Service Studio, the canvas that normally shows the espaces (for us developers with full control privileges) is empty.

He can open modules via short-cut Ctrl+O.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Solution

Hello Roel,

This is how it works.

Reuse & Monitor do not allow you to see applications, in Service Studio Applications Page, that you are not explicitly or indirectly (by Team) defined with a higher access (Change & Deploy and so on).

Cheers.

Solution

Hi,

I find this annoying as well.

submit feedback on this, because imho its a bug.

or create/find an idea for this.

J. wrote:

Hi,

I confess that for me, what seems to be a bug is the fact that it is possible to download the module.
Reuse and Monitoring for me is like "you can refer and monitore", not look inside it ;) rs

I remember this to be different in platform version 9.1. We recently (finally) upgraded to version 10. 

In version 9.1 the user didn't encounter this "problem".

It feels a bit counter-intuitive in regards to the privilege description in lifetime:

Reuse & Monitor Applications: Open, debug, monitor applications and their processes. Reuse application elements.

When a user has the rights to open/monitor applications, it makes sense to me that a list of applications is shown from which he can pick an application to open and after that a module which he is interested in. With the Ctrl+O shortcut he gets a full list of all modules and extensions, which can be quite overwhelming.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, this explains it to me.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

J. wrote:

Hi,

I confess that for me, what seems to be a bug is the fact that it is possible to download the module.
Reuse and Monitoring for me is like "you can refer and monitore", not look inside it ;) rs

If you can reuse it, it would be helpful to know what is inside.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

J. wrote:

Hi,

How can you monitor what you cannot see?

(But I stop now ;) )

I think if the name is not wrong, you can still monitor the applications in Service Studio (and eventually Lifetime) ;)