Can't Login with a user created using the User API

Can't Login with a user created using the User API

Hi,

So, I created a web screen where I can register new users

Anything wrong here?

When I try to login it always says Invalid username or password unless I'm using my Outsystems user

If I edit the user password thru the .outsystemscloud.com/users/, I can login with the set password so... what's happening here in the screen that is messing up the login?

Where I see there could be problems:

What are you using as inputs for the EncryptPassword Action? 

Is the User_Create action set up correctly?

Is for some reason the User input set up incorrectly? Try using the debug mode to make sure the inputs are coming in correctly.

Good luck!

Hi Jordan, 

The inputs are the username and password, both text. 

I have debugged it and everythings seems right

By username do you mean email?  The username that you input into the EncryptPassword must be the same Username that you assign to the User entity.

Jordan Welch wrote:

By username do you mean email?  The username that you input into the EncryptPassword must be the same Username that you assign to the User entity.

Sorry I meant mail, I am doing exactly what you said, thats why I cant Understand where the problem is... 

Yeah I really can't see what the problem would be here. Sorry I can't help!

Hi Fabio,

User_create action uses its own encryption for password, so I think we need not to encrypt externally. Can you please check by removing encrypt password action?

Thanks,

Siva

sivaramakrishna repalle wrote:

Hi Fabio,

User_create action uses its own encryption for password, so I think we need not to encrypt externally. Can you please check by removing encrypt password action?

Thanks,

Siva

Hi Siva,

I've tried removing it, it just inserted the raw password into the db without any kind of encryptation.

Solution

Solved it, was sending the wrong password parameter into the encrypt password action, my bad!

Solution