Login system without using a build in Users

Login system without using a build in Users

Hi everyone,

I am creating a login system, Before i have done the exercise of the web developer, It taught me using the build in User entity, it can simply to finish the login system.

However I want to use my own Entity to replace the User entity? How can i do it? 

I have try 

Thank you

Hi,

# it is better to use built-in User entity, the security issues will be solved

# add another entity just to complement other information about the user

regards

Box wrote:

Hi,

regards

Thanks Box, and i have a question, If i want to add some more entity attribute in the User entity

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_add_extra_logic_to_Users'_login

Is this the only way? 

HI eva wong,

There is a way but may i know What you are trying to achieve which is not possible through the existing one? 

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

eva wong wrote:

Box wrote:

Hi,

regards

Thanks Box, and i have a question, If i want to add some more entity attribute in the User entity

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_add_extra_logic_to_Users'_login

Is this the only way? 

Afaik, this is the suggested one and by following it, everything will be all right.

thank you

eva wong wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am creating a login system, Before i have done the exercise of the web developer, It taught me using the build in User entity, it can simply to finish the login system.

However I want to use my own Entity to replace the User entity? How can i do it? 

I have try 

Thank you

You can create Screen Anonymous & Add Custom Entity & Validate them Accordingly.

Hello Eva, 

As was suggested, use the default login system and user entity, as many things need it to work properly, like the role system, and to replace them you would have to write a lot of extra logic and probably would not be able to do everything satisfactorily.

What you need is to create an extension entity, where the entity identifier must be changed to User Identifier. Now you have a 1 to 1 relationship between them. In the new entity you just add the extra fields you need to complete the user data.

Cheers.