Ldap Authentication

Hello,

I am using OutSystems 11.0.113.0 with a environment that I have made for myself to make a test mobile application. I am currently trying to configure LDAP authentication for my mobile application with a remote LDAP server. I am provided with an ldap url, "domain name", and "root domain" as well as some test users. The problem is that I am getting an error while validating the username and password and I know for sure they are correct. I am guessing that my configuration is invalid. I am not sure what is the difference between Default Domain, Domain Name and Root Domain. I tried a different combinations switching the root domain and the domain name's places but still could not get it to work. I am following this documentation file: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End-User_Management/End-User_Authentication/Configuring_End-User_Authentication

Here is a screenshot of my configuration:

Solution

Hi,

Please take a look into this useful resource:

• To be familiar with customer LDAP structure, I suggest to use the MS ADExplorer tool. This tool will help you validate the credentials and identify the fully qualified path of the container object where the binding user is located.

Try to use the default domain: '.' 

Try put ldap in UpperCase in LDAP url.

Hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Solution