[Html2PdfConverter] Html to PDF generator - differences from Ctrl+P and the generated PDF

[Html2PdfConverter] Html to PDF generator - differences from Ctrl+P and the generated PDF

Forge Component
(52)
Published on 30 Oct by Guilherme Pereira
52 votes
Published on 30 Oct by Guilherme Pereira

Hi,

I noticied that the print preview that I get using Ctrl+P on the browser is different from the PDF that is generated using the Html2PdfConverter. Is this a known issue/feature? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Maria

Hi Maria,

It should be the same or pretty similar except for the resolution. The browser print uses your screen resolution whereas wkhtml uses A4 format by default which may cause the page to render closer to a tablet than a web screen.

Can you share screenshots of both prints so we can take a look?

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't received a notification regarding your answer.

I'm talking about the header and pagination info that is automatically rendered on Ctrl+P. That one is not present when we convert from HTML to PDF right?

Also, I tested the converter on my personal environment (now upgraded to V11...) and I noticied that using the binaries from the "bleeding edge" section (version 13.0 I believe) don't allow me to use the pagination that you have on the "HowToPDF" page from the converter application. However, I tried to upload the ones from version 12.5 instead and they work.

Were you aware of this? Do you know if this is a known issue from the v13 of the binaries?

Thanks

Hi Maria,

Indeed the automatic headers that are added with CTRL+P should not be on the PDF.

I'm not aware of any limitation on version 13. The reason I recommend the bleeding edge version is not so much about functionality but more because it needs no dependencies. But as stated on their page the bleeding edge may not contain all features.

If version 12 works for you why not keep using it? If you really need a feature that's on the version 13 I'd recommend checking on wkhtml forums to see if they have a better explanation or alternative.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme, 

I don't control the version that is uploaded since I don't have admin privileges, so I wanted to clarify this before requesting the reversion from 13.0 to 12.5. 

Also, I noticied that the header of the page (theme with fixed header) is not repeated on the other pages. Do you know what I can do to achieve this? I read the FAQ post but it seems that what you mention applies to tables only. 

Thanks

Maria