[BDDFramework] Client Actions support

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 2019-12-02 by João Proença
23 votes
Published on 2019-12-02 by João Proença

Hi, 

Saw a talk recommending using your component on ODC and it is really cool. Having client actions support would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance ;)

Hi Mykola,

Thanks for the feedback!

Having client actions support is something we have considered for the future, but still no plans to do it. Good to know there is interest in such a feature by the community.

Cheers!

João Proença wrote:

Hi Mykola,

Thanks for the feedback!

Having client actions support is something we have considered for the future, but still no plans to do it. Good to know there is interest in such a feature by the community.

Cheers!

Are there any other ways OutSystems offer us to test Client Actions? Or do we have to, either build it ourselves or wait for BDD Mobile?

Bring the client action support please! :)

(As posted on other threads [1] [2]) I just came out of a recent Reactive Web App project where we extensively and successfully used BDDFramework for the expected approaches of server side testing. Nevertheless, I would still challenge its usage for testing Reactive/Mobile Client Actions... if only we could make its asynchronous page rendering engine work with BDD Scenario and Steps... any ideas?

Yes, we've been internally discussing this subject for some time now. We believe we've identified the challenges and have some ideas to address them, but atm I cannot tell you when or if it will be available.

Hopefully, soon, but we'll let you know when we have news.