[OutSystems UI Web] Input field inside a navigation-tabs widget.

[OutSystems UI Web] Input field inside a navigation-tabs widget.

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 7 Dec (8 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
15 votes
Published on 7 Dec (8 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

When I use an input widget inside a navigation-tabs widget, the character "white-space" doesn't work.

This behavior it's presents just on desktop browsers, for mobile browsers it's working fine.

Can you please confirm this behavior and if it's a bug what is the workaround solution?

Best Regards

nuvem mix wrote:

Hi,

When I use an input widget inside a navigation-tabs widget, the character "white-space" doesn't work.

This behavior it's presents just on desktop browsers, for mobile browsers it's working fine.

Can you please confirm this behavior and if it's a bug what is the workaround solution?

Best Regards

I had this same issue.

Here is a workaround:

• Clone OutSystemsUIWeb;
    • Try to open it as depicted on the image below. You'll see a message stating that this is a System Module and you'll need to clone it;
  • Remove the code line that has the preventDefault()function (as illustrated in this image);
  • Publish the Clone and add the Clone of OutSystemsUIWeb to the eSpace dependencies;
    • Remove the original OutSystemsUIWeb dependency;
    • Publish the eSpace. You should now be able to add spaces in the input field;

Hello nuvem & Andres.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

It has been added to our backlog and we'll work on it ASAP.

This being said, that workaround might work, but bear in mind that by removing the reference to OutSystems UI, any update that we do to the Framework won't be available in your application.

Keep an eye out for updates of the Framework on the Forge, as we'll be working on improvements.

Cheers,

Rui Mendes

Andres Moreno wrote:

nuvem mix wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards

I had this same issue.

Here is a workaround:

• Clone OutSystemsUIWeb;
    • Try to open it as depicted on the image below. You'll see a message stating that this is a System Module and you'll need to clone it;
  • Remove the code line that has the preventDefault()function (as illustrated in this image);
  • Publish the Clone and add the Clone of OutSystemsUIWeb to the eSpace dependencies;
    • Remove the original OutSystemsUIWeb dependency;
    • Publish the eSpace. You should now be able to add spaces in the input field;

Hello Andres,

I'll try your workaround.

Thank you for your help.

Rui Mendes wrote:

Hello nuvem & Andres.

This being said, that workaround might work, but bear in mind that by removing the reference to OutSystems UI, any update that we do to the Framework won't be available in your application.

Keep an eye out for updates of the Framework on the Forge, as we'll be working on improvements.

Cheers,

Rui Mendes

Hello Rui,

I don't want to lose the updates, but for now, I'll try the Andres' workaround and keep waiting for an update.

Thank You.

Rui Mendes wrote:

Hello nuvem & Andres.

Cheers,

Rui Mendes

Hi Rui,

Any date for fixing this bug ? 

Solution

It has been fixed in version 1.3.0

Solution