Outsystems and Oculus Go, Where does Outsystems Play in the 3D Apps Scene?

Outsystems and Oculus Go, Where does Outsystems Play in the 3D Apps Scene?

Reading What is NOT a good project for OutSystems? informed me that NOT everything is to be developed with Outsystems. 

What would be the approach for Outsystems when it comes to developing VR apps for platforms like Oculus Go? The application would be for interactive 3D videos.

I can see Outsystems handling the back-end part and CMS if any.  For the VR part itself, maybe the Outsystems app will only provide a link going to the 3D app itself?

Any thoughts on these?

I did made a plugin for VR Video for outsystems based on cordova vr player and the sample that uses my plugin I created check out my forge component 

It just open up a VR Player which is written for native code 

Oliver Ong Chor Yew wrote:

I did made a plugin for VR Video for outsystems based on cordova vr player and the sample that uses my plugin I created check out my forge component 

When I click the "Play Test Content", in the mobile app, it says "GoogleVRPlayer is not defined". Anything I should install beforehand? I have Google Cardboard and Google VR on my Android phone installed.

Helios wrote:

When I click the "Play Test Content", in the mobile app, it says "GoogleVRPlayer is not defined". Anything I should install beforehand? I have Google Cardboard and Google VR on my Android phone installed.

Please ensure that have the VR plugin in the environment installed and it is generated not just the sample app

It worked on outsystems 10 I develop it on outsystem 10 to ensure backward compatibility with it.
Please give me the app generation/build log in the outsystem service center

Are you on OS11

Edit:Tested on OS11 Just need refresh dependencies due to OutsystemsUI
Try refresh dependencies and regenerate app

I tried on my personal environments 

Please generate and install apk and do not use outsystemsnow to test it

Gotten the error when use outsystemsnow app

I also uninstalled Google VR service on playstore and still worked for me

Edits:

It seemed that you used Outsystems Now to test

Custom plugins are not supported there,Only Outsystems Plugin which Outsystems include in Outsystems now are supported

This is a list of plugin supported by Outsystems "(not included in OutSystems Now)" meant they do not provide that plugin in Outsystems now 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins#What_Are_the_Supported_Plugins_Provided_by_OutSystems

Summary of what I replied:

Please generate the app using the native app generation feature and test there 

Please do not test it on Outsystems Now

Ensure you refreshed your dependencies and do a one click publish before generating especially for OS11

Some tips I can give you
When testing apps with Outsystems unsupported plugin and not included plugin,just generate apk and install to test especially custom plugins you make. 

Edits:

Custom plugins are not supported there,Only Outsystems Plugin which Outsystems include in Outsystems now are supported

This is a list of plugin supported by Outsystems "(not included in OutSystems Now)" meant they do not provide that plugin in Outsystems now 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins#What_Are_the_Supported_Plugins_Provided_by_OutSystems

Ensure you refreshed your dependencies and do a one click publish before generating especially for OS11

Some tips I can give you
When testing apps with Outsystems unsupported plugin and not included plugin,just generate apk and install to test especially custom plugins you make. 

Works perfectly. Thank you for taking the time to answer! :D

Helios wrote:

Edits:

Some tips I can give you

Works perfectly. Thank you for taking the time to answer! :D

Welcome :D,Enjoy the plugin and whatever you going build with it
Please take time to rate my plugin as well,thanks!