Editable table for mobile application

Editable table for mobile application

Is there any option to add an editable table to mobile application.

Hi Sriharan,

No, there is not. This makes sense imho, as the way an Editable Table works is not very compatible with the mobile paradigm.

How can we achieve the same If we want to do? Any alternative way for this with an example, please.

I know of no out-of-the-box components to do so. Again, the Mobile paradigm is not compatible with an editable table (or tables in general), you really need to rethink what you want to do and how.

I have a form with 3 fields, and I want to create "Add more" button, which will add these fields again under the above field. And then I want to store it in a DB.

The same functionality of the editable table.

Hi Amol,

On a phone, you don't have enough room for displaying more than one editable record comfortably. On a tablet you might, but still it may be a bit crowdy.

But adding a new, editiable, set of inputs shouldn't be too difficult to create? Something with an If Widget that either shows an existing record or allows inputing a new one?

Solution

Hi Amol,

Like Kilian said, the mobile paradigm is slightly different and an editable table is not the best option for what you want to do. Even a table is not very common in mobile. 

I think you should use a list instead and add your "Add more" button on the top right corner of the screen which will lead you to another screen where you can create a new record. This screen will also serve to edit the existing records. That's how (normally) those kind of things are done in mobile, unless you have some strong reason to do it as you are describing.

Regards,

André

Solution

André Dinis wrote:

Hi Amol,

Like Kilian said, the mobile paradigm is slightly different and an editable table is not the best option for what you want to do. Even a table is not very common in mobile. 

I think you should use a list instead and add your "Add more" button on the top right corner of the screen which will lead you to another screen where you can create a new record. This screen will also serve to edit the existing records. That's how (normally) those kind of things are done in mobile, unless you have some strong reason to do it as you are describing.

Regards,

André

Thanks Andre for your answer.

That's what I was expecting.