select more than one static entity

select more than one static entity

Hello, 

If I create static entity with 3 state (car, motorcycle, bus), and I want to choose more than one entity  for example I want to select BUS and CAR, how will I accomplish that?

Danijel

Hi Danijel,

You can have also an option for both but if you're searching for allowing multiple states, in UI terms you can use a widget which allows you multi select like the Select2 and you can persist it with a many-to-many relationship.

Hope it helps.

João

Hi Danijel,

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "select"? In an Aggregate? Do you want to select two out of three records of a Static Entity? What are you going to do with the result?

Please provide some context and elaborate on what you're aiming for, so we can better address your question.

Hi Danijel,

In case you want to select in a dropdown more than one entity record, you can't do that just using the dropdown widget from OutSystems. However there are other techniques that you can consider. 

Take this ones as example:

• Dual Lix Box - availabe in forge
  • Multiple select using JQuery - available in forge

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for all the answers guys.
Yes, I want to accomplish to select in a dropdown  or checkbox more than one entity record.

Cheers,
Danijel

Danijel Dokic wrote:

Hello, 

If I create static entity with 3 state (car, motorcycle, bus), and I want to choose more than one entity  for example I want to select BUS and CAR, how will I accomplish that?

Danijel

Hi Denijel,

Download the multiselect component from forge and use this in you application.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi Danijel,

Out of the box you can use the List Box Widget for that:

If that's not what you want in terms of look & feel, you can use one of the Forge components people have been recommending above.