Provisioning profile certificate

Provisioning profile certificate

Good afternoon personal Provisioning profile of apple Id is a certificate for each FrontEnd?

The only difference in the documentation is between Dev and Production environments. Profiles you can also make two for Dev/Prod, but never for each frontend.

The app connects to each server indiscriminately. Why should they be different and require different information?

Solution

Hello Daianne,

The short answer is no, you will not have separate iOS certificates for the different front-ends. I am not even sure how one would do that. I am saying this under the assumption you are talking about having different iOS certificates when having multiple front-ends in a production environment.

If, however, you are talking about having different certificates between different environments, I would say that depends on your personal development strategy, but it is typically a good practice to sign the apps differently. For example, you can sign the app in your development environment with an iOS development certificate and then sign the apps in your pre-production and production environments with a iOS Distribution certificate. I would also recommend using a different App ID so that you can have multiple versions installed on the same test devices.

Solution

Hi,

I agree with Grayson and you can have different certificate for IOS in different environment. 

Thanks,

Rajat

Grayson Udstrand wrote:

Hello Daianne,

The short answer is no, you will not have separate iOS certificates for the different front-ends. I am not even sure how one would do that. I am saying this under the assumption you are talking about having different iOS certificates when having multiple front-ends in a production environment.

If, however, you are talking about having different certificates between different environments, I would say that depends on your personal development strategy, but it is typically a good practice to sign the apps differently. For example, you can sign the app in your development environment with an iOS development certificate and then sign the apps in your pre-production and production environments with a iOS Distribution certificate. I would also recommend using a different App ID so that you can have multiple versions installed on the same test devices.

In addition to this answer, I use this method of using a development certificate for our development environment applications on iOS. The benefits of using an development certificate is that it is also possible to debug the mobile app both client-side and server-side on the iOS device itself.

You can find more information on that on https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications scrolling down to the mobile debugging part of the page.