[Column Filter Widget] What is the use of filter symbol in top of the column

[Column Filter Widget] What is the use of filter symbol in top of the column

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2014-01-29 by Pedro Cardoso
4 votes
Published on 2014-01-29 by Pedro Cardoso

Hi,

I am creating a simple application in that I am using columnFilter, In that process, we are using an icon in the top of the column, Is there any use of Icon in Runtime.  According to logic, I observed that it is to reset the filter but I am not observing that functionality in runtime. Can you please help me in that. I am attaching my module below. I applied this filter in Room Screen.

Regards,

Trinusha

Hello Trinusha.

What icon are you asking about? If it's the filter icon, it's used so that the user can see the list of options...

By the way, the demo was broken... it's up and running again

Hi Trinusha,

I see your module's name is Bookings... if you are doing the Developing OutSystems Web Applications final project, you're not asked to filter columns, only to sort through them using RichWidget's List_SortColumn, that doesn't add any icons to the headers, only changes them into links.

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

Hello Trinusha.

What icon are you asking about? If it's the filter icon, it's used so that the user can see the list of options...

By the way, the demo was broken... it's up and running again

Hi Pedro,

I am talking about the filter icon in the header of the column in this link http://andrevieira.outsystemscloud.com/ColumnFilterSample/?_sm_au_=iVVVpsPVKNSpK76F.

By clicking on this filter icon, It is loading again and again. I thought the use of filter icon is to reset the filter based on logic what they used. Can you please explain me clearly what is the use of that.

Isn't the demo in column filter is not working? 

Regards,

Trinusha.

That's not the same widget... you're pointing me to a different demo of a different widget...

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

That's not the same widget... you're pointing me to a different demo of a different widget...

Sorry, I am just confused among those two, This is the actual link

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/498/column-filter-widget/?Unfollow=False

Can you please explain me the functionality of the filter icon on top of the column. I tried clicking on that but it's loading again and again. I thought it is used to reset the filter according to logic.

How should we mention the list of options in the filter icon? Can you please expalin.

Solution

The ideia is that you can load whatever you need on the top. The filter icon is used for the user to click in to see the values. When the user clicks on a value you'll get notified about with the clicked value so that you can run your logic. Check the demo. There's code with example there.

Here's an image of what the user sees after he clicks on the filter icon

Solution