Can not get list value by REST API under Integarations on Outsystems 10

Hi Everyone,

    I first time use RestAPI built-in Outsystems10  as picture 1 , this API calls one action in another eSpace as picture 2, and this action is also consumed directly by web espace. However, I can get list value from web, but can not getList value by API. Even if I removed all input parameters, still return empty list.

It is very stranger. Anyone can help me ?


Regards,

Zhou Shuai

When you run the debugger on the action, can you see if the getList SQL is returning anything?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/REST/Consume_REST_APIs

Hi Zhou Shuai,

Grayson asks a valid question, if you add a breakpoint to the action that is being called by the REST method implementation and debug that module, what value does it return for your list?

Also, what's the data type of your recordList output parameter?

Grayson Udstrand wrote:

When you run the debugger on the action, can you see if the getList SQL is returning anything?

nothing return


Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Zhou Shuai,

Grayson asks a valid question, if you add a breakpoint to the action that is being called by the REST method implementation and debug that module, what value does it return for your list?

Also, what's the data type of your recordList output parameter?

Nothing returned , the data type of recordList is List


I tested Using SOAP ,also could not, but if I run the getList SQL directly ,it works

I meant what is the data type of the element of your recordList... it's a List of ??

can you show us the definition of that datatype, and of the structure Service Studio automatically generated for your integration (REST/SOAP method) output parameters.

Jorge Martins wrote:

I meant what is the data type of the element of your recordList... it's a List of ??

can you show us the definition of that datatype, and of the structure Service Studio automatically generated for your integration (REST/SOAP method) output parameters.

Hi Jorge,

     I have tried both types of record list and list, neither one works.


Hi Zhou,

REST communication is always handled by the server, so unless you're calling from a mobile, the browser can't see it. Also, if you are on Mobile, what you're seeing is the communication between the Mobile App and the server, not between the server and the REST end-point. 

Please follow these instructions to enable logging of the REST traffic and check the log what is actually sent.

Will be glad to help if you :)

Cheers