Search a list using list filter (like keyword)

Search a list using list filter (like keyword)

Hi guys,

How can we filter a list using like-keyword in the list filter  , I am getting the record form the service.

Hi Arun Kumar,

You can it the same way as in a list screen filtering, and also from that service results you could use the filter action that is present in system reference (add as reference the filter action).

Regards

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Arun Kumar,

You can it the same way as in a list screen filtering, and also from that service results you could use the filter action that is present in system reference (add as reference the filter action).

Regards

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply, I am using  list filter server action which is available in the system dependency, the thing is I need to use like key-word inside the input condition.  

Arun Kumar wrote:

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Arun Kumar,

Regards

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply, I am using  list filter server action which is available in the system dependency, the thing is I need to use like key-word inside the input condition.  

In the filter action, there is a condition field. Place there the condition for your search input variable to match field(s) from the service structure.

Arun Kumar wrote:

Hi guys,

How can we filter a list using like-keyword in the list filter  , I am getting the record form the service.

Hi Arun Kumar,

In the condition field of the List Filter, you can simply have a condition like this:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Index(<variable here>, "<test to search for>", ignoreCase:True) <> -1

Best regards

Adding to João suggestion, in case you need to optimize the search filter (depending on the service results obtained) you could use Regex_Search actions from Text extension.

Regards,

João Miguel Frausto Martins wrote:

Arun Kumar wrote:

Hi guys,

Hi Arun Kumar,

In the condition field of the List Filter, you can simply have a condition like this:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Index(<variable here>, "<test to search for>", ignoreCase:True) <> -1

Best regards

Hi João Miguel Frausto Martins,

I have tried it but it is not working, In the searchbar when I type the text it should match all the relevant match in the list

Best Regards 

Arun Kumar

The table that shows the filter results, needs to be binded to the actual filter output.

Maybe you need to store the results in a local variable and bind the record list source to that one.