How to debug database problem?

How to debug database problem?

  

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this...

I was using a idp plug-in with a new user account but the outsystems server threw:

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

….

So there is a string longer than expected.  How to debug this kind of problem?  And is there any way to directly modify the database tables?


Hi WilliamW,

I don't know if I understand correctly your problem, but see if this help:

Did you looked at Service Center for the error log? Normally you have more details there about the problem.

You can always change the referred attribute length for more capacity. The default value is 50, it's editable in properties area.


You can debug in the action (not in production environment) that is commiting data in that table and see were he gave you the problem.


Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi WilliamW,

Can you please check the database culumn size where you want to store the string data please change the size of that column >2000 then platform will change the datatype in physical database as bellow:

1. SQL Server / SQL Azure      NVarchar(max) 

2. Oracle                                   CLOB 

3. MySQL                                 LONGTEXT 


I think it helps you.


Regards

-SK- 

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi WilliamW,

I don't know if I understand correctly your problem, but see if this help:

Did you looked at Service Center for the error log? Normally you have more details there about the problem.

You can always change the referred attribute length for more capacity. The default value is 50, it's editable in properties area.


You can debug in the action (not in production environment) that is commiting data in that table and see were he gave you the problem.


Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Yeah, I did get the error message from the Service Center error log.  It just told me a field is too long but didn't say much.  (apart from the stack trace of series .Net database related .Net functions)   What I want is a way to debug and learn which field cause the problem.  Since this is caused by a new user I've created at Azure AD so I guess it is something related to the 'claim'.  I will try your suggestion and see what actually happened.


Best,

William



Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi WilliamW,

Can you please check the database culumn size where you want to store the string data please change the size of that column >2000 then platform will change the datatype in physical database as bellow:

1. SQL Server / SQL Azure      NVarchar(max) 

2. Oracle                                   CLOB 

3. MySQL                                 LONGTEXT 


I think it helps you.


Regards

-SK- 

Hi Shashi,


I will try your suggestion once I learn which field cause the problem.  Thank you.


Best,


William