How to filter two columns at a time by using single search bar

How to filter two columns at a time by using single search bar

Hi,

I am new to outsystems. I am trying to add a functionality to my online training booking application, It is filtering two columns at a time by using a single search filter without using column filter, Will that is possible. Why I am not preferring column filter because while I am using column filter, I can't search two columns at a time in search bar. Can any one please help me in this, I am working on this from past one week. If anyone could respond quickly, It will be much helpful.

Regards,

Trinusha.

On your aggregate you have to filter for something like this:

Col1 like "%" + SearchVar + "%" or Col2 like "%" + SearchVar + "%"

Hi Trinusha,

If you have the search widget you can assign to the Keyword the attributes that you need:

When you need to search for something from that attributes that will retrieve what you want.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Ricardo

trinusha karumanchi wrote:

Hi,

I am new to outsystems. I am trying to add a functionality to my online training booking application, It is filtering two columns at a time by using a single search filter without using column filter, Will that is possible. Why I am not preferring column filter because while I am using column filter, I can't search two columns at a time in search bar. Can any one please help me in this, I am working on this from past one week. If anyone could respond quickly, It will be much helpful.

Regards,

Trinusha.

Hello Trinusha,

Just to see if I got your question right, you want to have a search input to filter values from two columns, right? Another question, are you fetching the data from an aggregate?

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Duarte wrote:

trinusha karumanchi wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Trinusha.

Hello Trinusha,

Just to see if I got your question right, you want to have a search input to filter values from two columns, right? Another question, are you fetching the data from an aggregate?

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yah, I want to filter two columns. Yah I am fetching data from an aggregate.

Regards,

Trinusha.

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Trinusha,

If you have the search widget you can assign to the Keyword the attributes that you need:

When you need to search for something from that attributes that will retrieve what you want.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

By following the above expression I can do search for codigo or Name or label but I want to search columns like below image.

Regards,

Trinusha.

David Rodrigues wrote:

On your aggregate you have to filter for something like this:

Col1 like "%" + SearchVar + "%" or Col2 like "%" + SearchVar + "%"

Hi David,

I tried by using the filter this way but I want the filter as below image.

Regards,

Trinusha.

Daniel Duarte wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Trinusha.

Hello Trinusha,

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yah, I want to filter two columns. Yah I am fetching data from an aggregate.

Regards,

Trinusha.

Trinusha,

I'm not familiar with the user case, but can't you have one filter for each column? You could still filter by two columns (or as many as you want), and in terms of performance it would be much better too.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Trinusha,

Your doubt is you want to filter column A and column B at once or column B and column C and so on.

Is it correct?