Search and list navigation

Search and list navigation

Hi,

I have implemented search and list_navigation for a table, when i enter an element that has to be searched and instead of clicking on search if i click on list_navigation  also it is searching for an item because of refreshing aggregate how can i over come this.

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Hi Ronan,

I'd suggest you don't bind your search input directly to the variable that you are using on your Aggregate. That way, only when you click on Search would you change the variable that filters results.

Hi Rohan,

I have done work around for same issue as Jorge said I created a dummy search variable and assigning values from original search variable on click of search button of page and bind this variable with Aggregate for filter. In this way once you click on list_navigation or sorting there are no data in Dummy variable so filter will not applied and once you click on search then filter will applied. One more thing you also need reset dummy variable on reset button.

Regards

-SK-

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Ronan,

I'd suggest you don't bind your search input directly to the variable that you are using on your Aggregate. That way, only when you click on Search would you change the variable that filters results.

Hi Jorge,

Can you please share the oml.

Thanks,

Ronan T

Solution

Hi Rohan,

Please find the attached oml and below are url you need to check working as expected.

https://kantshukla2u1.outsystemscloud.com/SearchWithDummyValiable/Home.aspx?_ts=636783962797626365

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Rohan,

Please find the attached oml and below are url you need to check working as expected.

https://kantshukla2u1.outsystemscloud.com/SearchWithDummyValiable/Home.aspx?_ts=636783962797626365

Regards

-SK-

Hi  Shashi,

Thank you it is working as expected.

Regards,

Ronan T.

Hi Ronan,

If you don't want the search field "sticky" you should make it a Local Variable instead of a Session Variable.

Hi Rohan,

if on refreshing page still i am getting previousvalue in search field please see the attached oml you need to clear value from Dummy variable in preparation.

Regards

-SK-