setting up personal environment to 10.0 version

setting up personal environment to 10.0 version

  

How to change outsystems personal environment version from 11 version to 10 version

Hello Thriveni.

You may try to ask OutSystems to change your environment, but I don't think it will work mainly for three reasons:

1. The modules have been upgraded and even if the version compiled in 10 is still there, the working published version may not be the last.

2. The upgrade can be delayed, but can't be stopped. The Personal Environment is free because you are testing the latest product. You are doing a test of OS, you can have a server. If you want to use a less recent version, you are not helping OutSystems. You are only consuming resources for free.

2.1 The server creation is an automatic process. It has option 1) server exists, wake up; and option 2) server doesn't exist, create in version 11. Anything else will be manual work against the tide of progress.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello Thriveni.

You may try to ask OutSystems to change your environment, but I don't think it will work mainly for three reasons:

1. The modules have been upgraded and even if the version compiled in 10 is still there, the working published version may not be the last.

2. The upgrade can be delayed, but can't be stopped. The Personal Environment is free because you are testing the latest product. You are doing a test of OS, you can have a server. If you want to use a less recent version, you are not helping OutSystems. You are only consuming resources for free.

2.1 The server creation is an automatic process. It has option 1) server exists, wake up; and option 2) server doesn't exist, create in version 11. Anything else will be manual work against the tide of progress.

Thanks for guiding me.As you said using the latest version is good to use new features. In Visual Studio IDE, we will have an option to choose the older version also while developing so, i was thinking we may can do the same way in outsystems


It's not that easy. A different version of OS has a different db structure, sometimes is compiled in a different .net version, and there"s always breaking changes. Even if you could manage your projects and not mixing the ones made in 10 with 11, how would Users work in both for instance? Duplicated but synchronized data? It would be a nightmare.

yes its not that easy. i am not going to compile same module  in different versions. but i was thinking develop an once application in 10 version (same version module dependency)and other application in 11 version(same version module dependency). now i understand we can have any one version of outsystems environment

Hi Nuno,

I had a similar question. Is there anyway if I want to practice in 10 instead of 11, even in a new environment?

Thanks

Murali Krishna Kunapareddy wrote:

Hi Nuno,

I had a similar question. Is there anyway if I want to practice in 10 instead of 11, even in a new environment?

Thanks

That was what I answered in my first post.

Unless your PE is still in version 10, everything new will start in version 11.

A company provides automatically an environment in the latest version. A non-paying user request manual work to create an outdated environment. Would that be a priority for you?

Why would you want to do it in an older version? In theory 11 is equal or better than 10.

Murali Krishna Kunapareddy wrote:

Hi Nuno,

I had a similar question. Is there anyway if I want to practice in 10 instead of 11, even in a new environment?

Thanks

Yes. Some of the functions were deprecated (like the Notify), but they are still available. 

Cheers.


Nuno Reis wrote:

That was what I answered in my first post.

Unless your PE is still in version 10, everything new will start in version 11.

A company provides automatically an environment in the latest version. A non-paying user request manual work to create an outdated environment. Would that be a priority for you?

Why would you want to do it in an older version? In theory 11 is equal or better than 10.

Why I want ... our client environment is still in 10. As there is no sandbox available for us, I would like to test it in PE with 10, so that I can implement the solution in the client environment!

Looks like there is no option to have PE in 10!


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Yes. Some of the functions were deprecated (like the Notify), but they are still available. 

Cheers.


Hi Eduardo,

Is there any comprehensive list of the changes between 10 and 11?


IMHO, PE's are not meant to be free environments for companies to use for developing (or test things).

Your company needs a sandbox in 10, or your client needs to provide one.

If your company does not want to pay for one and nor does your client, than you can use a PE in 11 and hope for the best, or develop directly into the client server and hope for the best.

Or you can contact OutSystems directly, explain your situation and try to find a solution.

Cheers.

Murali Krishna Kunapareddy wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Yes. Some of the functions were deprecated (like the Notify), but they are still available. 

Cheers.


Hi Eduardo,

Is there any comprehensive list of the changes between 10 and 11?


Probably the Whats New is the best place... In web, the breaking changes are not big.