[Active Directory] Mystery login for ActiveDirectory ADConfigurations page

[Active Directory] Mystery login for ActiveDirectory ADConfigurations page

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 14 Nov by Renato Pauleta
11 votes
Published on 14 Nov by Renato Pauleta

Hello,  I am trying to setup active directory and am running into this problem:  I cannot access the ADConfigurations page, it asks for a username and password, and nothing is working.  I can still get into lifetime, the Users on this server, and the Service Center; which all accept my credentials as well. Just not the ADConfigurations page.  (screen shot attached) 

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Hi Joseph,

You need to have the UserManager permission to access those screens. 

In the Users application check if you have:

If you don't have this permission, you'll need to ask the administrator to grant it.

Cheers.

Thanks for this information.  This makes sense, but I can't get to it on our dev server.  I can on the lifetime /  service-center server, and I can on the QA server, but not on our dev or production servers.  I will talk to the original admin as it seems I need accounts in the Users app for those?  

I thought Lifetime was supposed to control all user access now?  Can you explain the difference between what Lifetime users can do, and what the /users/ apps are used for?  

I have seen this message in service center, and assumed it meant all users.

I am a little confused as to where to go to set access to the different areas, (although I think it is starting to make sense...).

It users, general users, etc.; are terms I have seen in training, and understand roles, etc in the applications I am developing; but a little clarification on various access controls for the servers themselves would be helpful.

Thanks,

Joseph

Your last paragraph basically summarizes it. Lifetime users are users that are able to develop, access service center or make deployments between your environments. Users in the "Users" application are users that have access to your applications. They have roles (permissions).

That Makes Sense.  Having the application users (consumers) separated by server allows granularity control of each environment (general user access, those whom the applications serve. Restricted to a few for test and dev, while allowing more consumers for production); while lifetime controls development and deployment access (IT users, those designing and controlling the content). 

Thanks for the clarification!