User can't scroll down unedditable input

User can't scroll down unedditable input

Hi,

I am currently on the first big Web Application tutorial (32 hours) and after the Security / Roles lesson I noticed that a common user cannot scroll to see the whole plot summary since he has not the rights to edit this form.

Is there a way to allow a user to scroll in a uneditable input ? Other than granting him access to the whole form of course...

Hi Raphaël,

I don't think that's possible. Besides that, whenever you don't want a user to edit a form, you should not disable the input, you should use an expression instead. 

You can do that with an if widget. In your example, if the user has permissions to edit the form, you show an input; if the user cannot edit the form, you show the info in an expression.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

André

Raphaël Antille wrote:

Hi,

I am currently on the first big Web Application tutorial (32 hours) and after the Security / Roles lesson I noticed that a common user cannot scroll to see the whole plot summary since he has not the rights to edit this form.

Is there a way to allow a user to scroll in a uneditable input ? Other than granting him access to the whole form of course...

Hi,

If you want to allow a specific user to create/edit the form, then you can set the enabled property of the form with checkrole function which means only that user can create/edit the form.

Also each input has the enabled property.

Hi,

Did you try to put the input inside a scrollable container and remove the scroll from the input. Maybe it works

Regards,

Sérgio 

Hi,

I share the same opinion that Andre, but if you want to maintain your textbox you can always increase the number of text lines. With this, you loose scroll because it isn't needed anymore.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Ricardo

Solution

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Following your suggestions I made an if statement that checks the role of the user, put an input widget in the admin-role condition and a scrollable container in the common user-role condition following this discussion :

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/37406/how-can-i-make-it-able-to-scroll-in-a-container/

and put an expression into it. This makes the form uneditable without the admin access but still scrollable for a random user.

Thanks guys !

Solution