Creating a move feature on a table

Creating a move feature on a table

  

Hi All,


I am trying to get the logic correct for creating a move function on table entries for example moving a row up by one.


I have currently assigned an index number to each row in the table and my thoughts are that when the arrow icon is pressed the current index number is minus 1 and the row above needs to be plus one thus moving the rows around. 


I just wanted to know if anybody has done this and what the best practice of doing this is, as i have messed around with different ways of doing it but can't seem to make it work.


Many Thanks 

Daniel Sunner

Hi Daniel,

Why not use existing Forge component Drag-n-Drop-Sortable List, there is a demo app that can also be downloaded. It works on table records and List records.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Why not use existing Forge component Drag-n-Drop-Sortable List, there is a demo app that can also be downloaded. It works on table records and List records.

Regards,

Daniel

I have previously had a look at this forge component but unfortunately I ran into two major issues one was I could not download it to Outsystems and the second being that the project says it does not want drag and drop functionality as it is quite fiddly and up and down arrows are better.


Solution

Hi Daniel,

You can use the List_Move web block from RichWidgets.

Check an example on how to use it with this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/694/rich-widgets-sample

Hope this helps.


Best regards,

André


Solution

André Dinis wrote:

Hi Daniel,

You can use the List_Move web block from RichWidgets.

Check an example on how to use it with this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/694/rich-widgets-sample

Hope this helps.


Best regards,

André


Thank you André,


This is perfect, do you have any experience using this? If so would I be able to implement it into a table record or is it only for List records? Do you have any examples of it working if so could you send me an OML.


Hi Daniel,

You can use it either on table records and list records. For an example of it working, you can download that component and check the screen where it is being used - it's on the "ListMove" screen under the "MoreWebBlocks" UI flow.

Let me know if you need any more help.


Regards,
André

André Dinis wrote:

Hi Daniel,

You can use it either on table records and list records. For an example of it working, you can download that component and check the screen where it is being used - it's on the "ListMove" screen under the "MoreWebBlocks" UI flow.

Let me know if you need any more help.


Regards,
André

Thank you very much for your help.