How to use timeline Item for form progress generation

How to use timeline Item for form progress generation

Hi,

Please anyone tell how to use timeline item(in outsystems UI) for determining the progress of a form and the icon colour change.

Thanks

Hi Ankita,

You can call an on change action in each input of the form, and on that action you can check all form inputs.

If each the input is correctly filled you add for example 10%, if not add 0. Then, you assign that value to a local Variable.

That local variable should be on the progress bar.

Finally, you just have to refresh the progress bar.

Does that solve your problem?

Margarida Morais wrote:

Hi Ankita,

You can call an on change action in each input of the form, and on that action you can check all form inputs.

If each the input is correctly filled you add for example 10%, if not add 0. Then, you assign that value to a local Variable.

That local variable should be on the progress bar.

Finally, you just have to refresh the progress bar.

Does that solve your problem?

Thank you for the reply but this does not solve my problem because I am not using progress bar instead I am using  TimelineItem from outsystems UI.

Kindly solve my problem.

Hi Ankita Jaggi,

For OutSystems UI Web, you can see the documentation for the Timeline pattern here. It clearly states that you need to use one TimelineItem pattern for each event you want to represent.

For OutSystems UI Mobile, the Timeline pattern itself doesn't exist, but the TimelineItem is documented here and has generically the same behaviour as the OutSystems UI Web TimelineItem pattern.

The TimelineItem pattern will display a single event in a vertical timeline. It has placeholders for your Icon, for the title next to the icon and for the content below the title... you can fill these placeholders in with whatever you want. 

You can build these from the output of an Aggregate that gathers the information you want to display, each row a different event. Just bind the Aggregate's list to a List Records placed inside the Timeline's Content placeholder and put your TimelineItem inside the List Records.

If you want help solving your problem, I'd suggest you start by reading Eduardo's guide to asking questions, and then follow its recommendations, I'm sure it will make your interactions here more productive.