Publish a website using other address (www.abc.com)

Publish a website using other address (www.abc.com)

Hi guys,

I have been learning Outsystems for quite awhile. I have been wondering if we can publish a website using another domain name like www.abc.com instead of www.outsystems.com/xxx.

Is there a way to do it? Looking forward to your suggestions. 

I assume you are not using the free personal envoronment?

In servicecenter you can use the SEO URL's option to set what domains it will work with. 

John Williams wrote:

I assume you are not using the free personal envoronment?

In servicecenter you can use the SEO URL's option to set what domains it will work with. 

Hi John, I am using a free personal environment. Haha...I can't access SEO URL. Please help ...

Solution

Sorry but don't think the free environment lets you use custom domains at all, for that you need the full commercial one and that is not cheap. The free edition is really intended as an education and learning tool and not really suitable for hosting commercial apps.

Solution

John Williams wrote:

Sorry but don't think the free environment lets you use custom domains at all, for that you need the full commercial one and that is not cheap. The free edition is really intended as an education and learning tool and not really suitable for hosting commercial apps.

Thank you, John. I just checked with the Outsystems support yesterday. She also said the same thing as you. The commercial one is pretty expensive btw. Haha

Yeah, it is a pity they don't have something in between for those that want a small scale option.