Hello folks, 

I want to add a functionality into my application created using outsystems.

I have a breadcrumb in the screen , what I want that when we click on the breadcrumb it should show a customized confirmation pop up on the screen and when clicked on 'yes' it should go to the breadcrumb clicked and go to that URL, if clicked on 'cancel' in the popup it should not go anywhere.

Breadcrumb is working  absolutely fine and popup is also there with me.

Just wanted to know how to call the popup on click of breadcrumb and also with the specific breadcrumb URL.

A quick help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rishabh

Hi Rishabh ,

Validate whether my side of approach suits you,

create boolean variable, to show popup,

on click of breadcrumb call a action that show popup using the boolean variable in that action.

on Yes button which is in popup up use a action to navigate to the URL that you need to.

On Cancel button use simple end action.

let me know whether my approach suits you, else will suggest alternate.

regards,

Manikandan K

Manikandan K wrote:

Hi Rishabh ,

Validate whether my side of approach suits you,

create boolean variable, to show popup,

on click of breadcrumb call a action that show popup using the boolean variable in that action.

on Yes button which is in popup up use a action to navigate to the URL that you need to.

On Cancel button use simple end action.

let me know whether my approach suits you, else will suggest alternate.

regards,

Manikandan K

Hi,
Thanks for replying.

This approach already thought, but there is a catch that we can't call a method from click on breadcrumb, since breadcrumb has multiple tab inside it .

Even if we are able to call a method ,which URL to pass through is another question.

If possible can you pls send the screenshot of your approach,else your answer seems unfit for my case.

Hi Rishabh,

From what I gather a possible solution would be:

1. Send the URL of the breadcrumb to the custom confirmation popup. 
  2. When pressing "Yes" send a Notify with the URL
    1. If you press "No" just don't send a notify
  3. In the original screen catch the notify(with the URL) and navigate using Common\ExternalURL + URL at the end of the OnNotify screen action.

There are other methods/improvements to do this. For example, instead of having multiple RichWidgets\Popup_Editor you can:

1. have one hidden button that will open the Popup. 
  2. when clicking a Breadcrumb it will set the URL in a variable of the web screen and it will do a widget_click() in the hidden button.
  3. If a notify is send from the popup use the URL saved in the variable created above for Common\ExternalURL.

So there is a lot of improvements that can be made but I think you got the general idea of the solution.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Jorge Cerveira

Hi Rishabh,

If you need a customized PopUp, Jorge gave you the answer.

Just for reference, if you only need to show a message and than the buttons, you can use the default browser confirmation dialog, that is enabled if you set a message in the link.

Cheers.