Change in static entity doesn't give a missing dependency waring

When you change an action or entity structure that you use in an other espace, that espace gives a warning that there are missing or incompatible dependencies.

When you change arecord of a static entity that you use in an other espace, it doesn't, but when you open the 'manage dependencies' screen, you still have to refres the static entity.

Does anyone know why? And is it a problem when you don't refresh before deployment to an other server?

Hi Raymond,

Changing Static Entity values is not the same as changing one action or entity structure(add/remove columns). The static entity does not change is structure, the only thing it can happen is having more or less columns that's why you don't get the same warnings BUT it does not mean that you don't need to refresh your modules as well otherwise they would not recognize the changes you made. 

Let's say you added/changed one record to be called "test" and you would like to filter your query based on records that have the type "test" you couldn't make this assignment without refreshing first, simple as that.

There is no "major problem" deploying without refreshing but how could this happen ? I guess if you add one static entity record you would need to use him at some point in your application right ? To do that you need to refresh the modules using it. 

Hi Raymond,

In Service Studio 11:

If you edit an existing record in Static Entities (like changing the Label attribute) that will reflect in your apps that consume that SE without refreshing (I tested that now). If you create a new record that needed to be refresh. 

Best regards,

Ricardo

Thanks for the reactions guys.

I get the difference between changing structure and changing data (or logic in actions). I only hoped to get a warning so I couldn't forget the refresh. Now it's possible to miss the refresh.

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Raymond,

In Service Studio 11:

If you edit an existing record in Static Entities (like changing the Label attribute) that will reflect in your apps that consume that SE without refreshing (I tested that now). If you create a new record that needed to be refresh. 

Best regards,

Ricardo

And in OutSystems 10? Does it reflect that same change or a refresh is needed?

Abílio Matos

Abilio Matos wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Raymond,

In Service Studio 11:

Best regards,

Ricardo

Abílio Matos

Hi Abílio,

I didn't test it in SS10, my personal environment is already in 11. If you could test it (if you're environment is in 10) and give us some feedback I think that can be interesting. :) 

Best regards,

Ricardo

Abilio Matos wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Raymond,

In Service Studio 11:

Best regards,

Ricardo

Abílio Matos

In 10 you see the changed labels in the application without refresh. But when you create logic based on the old values (order by) it could cause problems.