How to get list from web block in out systems 11

Hi,

Need help on list access between screen and web block in out systems 11.

Thanks,

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Hi,

Can you explain briefly?

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Hi JitendraYadav,

If your list is not too big, then you can convert the list into string using some separator and pass the string to notify message.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh 

Hello Jitendra,

If you need to pass information from inside a block to the parent like a list, you need to use the events system.
You add a new event in the block, add an input parameter to the event that has the same data type of the information you want to pass to the parent, and in the logic inside the block you trigger the event.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Jitendra,

If you need to pass information from inside a block to the parent like a list, you need to use the events system.
You add a new event in the block, add an input parameter to the event that has the same data type of the information you want to pass to the parent, and in the logic inside the block you trigger the event.

Cheers.

Issue with sending list as a input in event/trigger.no option to select list data type in input parameter from parent screen.

JitendraYadav wrote:

Issue with sending list as a input in event/trigger.no option to select list data type in input parameter from parent screen.

Indeed. You will have to serialize and pass as text, and than in the other side, deserialize to the list. You can use the JSON Serialize and JSON Deserialize for that.

By the way, why are you trying to pass a LIST to the parent?

If you need to control the list from the parent, you would be probably better passing an item each time it is created...

What is your use case?

Hello Eduardo.

I have a similar case, however I keep a list on the parent page and each OnChange of the webblock I end up performing append in this list of parent page.

What happens is that if I need to use this list in a Save action of the parent page for example, this list always remains empty even though I have already made several appends in it by the Webblock Handler.Can you tell me why this happens?

Hello Gustavo.

This is a different problem from the OP.

Could you open a new thread and provide a module that reproduces the problem?

Cheers