Hi,

I was wondering if there is a multi select filter widget which does not slow down for large data sets. I am currently using the "select 2" multi select filter but it slows down for dropdowns that has 1000+ records. Is there another way someone has tried to approach this previously? Would really appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Regards,

Archit 

Solution

Hi Archit!
It's not a good idea to have 1000+ records in a dropdown. In this case I recommend to use a popup selection where you can show all data, with pagination, filters and so on, and then return the selected records using notify.

Solution

Hi Archit,

I suggest following Telmo scenario or instead of select2 use autocomplete from richwidgets?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Archit Yadav,

Agreed with Marcelo Ferreira suggestion . Also I would like to add that you search for the respective result only if the user had typed at-least 3 characters. It will decrease the search time and will be better in terms of performance .

Please go thought the link below to know more about autocomplete 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_create_a_search_field_with_autocomplete

Happy Coding :)

Thank you all for your suggestions! I reckon for a big filter like this having a popup selection is the way to go as it also allows me to multiselect if needed :)

Alternatively, you can use the Chosen component from forge which can fulfill your requirement as an alternative to Select2 as Select2 is not designed for large data sets.